Adventure: DeLeon Springs State Park

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 12:39 AM | | 13 comments » | Share on Facebook

*Super long post with a contest at the end*

DELAND, FL.

Nate and I love day trips. Taking them has actually become a tradition for us. This morning I had crazy cabin fever so I suggested we go on an adventure. Nate proposed that we head toward Wekiva Springs because we had heard that there were great nature trails there and we had some equipment to break in!

We plotted our course and headed up the interstate. We weren't too sure where we were supposed to get off the interstate and missed our exit but didn't realize it until we were driving through Deltona (read: 25 miles north). Nate saw a sign for Blue Springs and we figured that a spring is a spring, so we pulled off the interstate to follow the signs. Lost in conversation, we realized that we had passed our turn-off again and were now headed toward the middle of nowhere. In the spirit of adventure we decided to drive a bit longer and see what we came upon. We ended up driving through a little town called Deland and as we were about to turn around and go back to look for Blue Springs, Nate spotted a sign that read, "DeLeon Springs State Park". We both looked at each other, simultaneously shrugged, and turned into the park.

$5 later we were walking through a butterfly garden admiring a myriad of insects and the gorgeous power of my new 1.4 prime.


I don't know why I love this so much, but I do...







This guy reminds me of the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland!





This flower fascinated us! Does anyone know what kind it is???





There's such whimsy in nature.



We walked down to the spring and decided that $10 for an hour with a paddleboat was a fabulous idea. The guy in the rental booth told us that a bunch of other people had spotted a 6 foot alligator and asked if we could try to get some photos of it for him to see.



He was acutally about 10 feet. Hello Bubba!



HAHAHA...Apparently firearms are no longer prohibited...



Loved these old docks!




Nate and I are very competitive shooters. We are always trying to out-shoot each other. Nate proposed that we each take shots of the same things at the same time and each edit them and let our beloved blog friends vote on which one's they like more. Bragging rights are at steak here people, and Nate is a bragger, so I'm hoping that this contest humbles him to realizing that I'm really the talent behind this operation. ;)

So...you're job is to look at the following pairs of images and leave us a comment with the name of the ones you like best.
Let the contest begin!

1. Wide Angle of the River

Image A


Image B


2. Run down Docks

Image C


Image D


Happy voting friends! And happy Monday!
&hearts

13 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 29, 2008 at 3:05 AM  

    Oooh, great post. I liked image A & C. I hope I don't get anyone in trouble with my vote :).

    Great photos all around though! Love the details.

  2. D // July 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

    I say Image A and C. Great photos!

  3. Ashley Rae // July 29, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

    Great shots! I used to go to De Leon Springs all the time as a kid, it's so gorgeous there. But my vote is for B & D :)

  4. Anonymous // July 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

    Wow.... Looks like fun... I LOVE to read your blog... Living vicariously through you both... Keep it up... Images A & C are my favorites...

  5. Anonymous // July 29, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

    I like all 4! But I think A & C are my favorites!

  6. Anonymous // July 29, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

    All great... but I like A & C!

  7. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // July 30, 2008 at 2:07 AM  

    the processing on C i would LOVE on image D!

    that first shot is awesome and that purple flower is ridiculous!

  8. Anonymous // July 30, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

    A definitely. B seems a little overdone-but this is of course, my humble, non-photographer opinion.

    And it's a hard pick between C and D. But I have to go with the color shot, so D is my choice.

    But either way, the ones posted before the noted contest pieces are seamless.

    -Alli ;)

  9. Lisa Sears // July 30, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

    I say B and C all the way! I'm glad you guys had fun today. Josh and I can't wait to see what you guys shoot at the wedding next month!

  10. Stefanie Warren // July 31, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

    I am voting for Image B and Image C. And the best part is the Randy, Rylie and I LOVE Deleon Springs. DId you too eat at the pancake restaurant?? Amazing place. You two are both amazing though. Great shots at the park.

  11. Studio222 Photography // July 31, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

    No we didn't eat there because we were going to Moe's Mondays afterward but we went in and it looked really good! We made a pact to go back and try the pancakes! Wanna go with us????

  12. jordan smith // August 2, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

    DeLeon is about 5 miles from me!
    Great shots
    xo
    j

  13. Anonymous // August 3, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

    The flower in question is the Passion Fruit Flower. I was a biology major once.