What does 222 mean to you?

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 9 comments » | Share on Facebook


from a personal photo series of abstract bokeh


Today I talked to one of my dearest friends. He was musing about how quickly time flies and I couldn't help but agree. At this time last year, Studio222 Photography was just a dream. He was remeniscing about one early evening when he sat with me in a grass field and I told him my dream of having a photography business. I shared with him my goals, my passion, how I felt a desire in my core to be creating as a career. He was one of the only people (other than Nate) who didn't think that I was crazy for wanting it. He is one of the many angels in my life.

A few months later I was sitting in my brand new condo downtown trying to think up a name for the photography business that had basically developed out of thin air. I didn't want to use my name as I wanted this venture to be a team effort between Nate and I. I didn't want a cliched photography phrase. I didn't want to use any catchphrases. (Do you have any idea how hard naming your dream is? It's like trying to capture lightning in a glass jar.)

I came up with "Studio222 Photography". I've gone into greater detail about this on our website in the "Us" section but the basics of it are that the number "222" was always a little game between my mother and I. She has always seemed to look at clocks, odometers, and addresses when they said "222" so it was kind of her lucky number. When I went away to college she would send me little "I'm thinking of you" messages and would say a little prayer for me every time she saw those numbers. She told me about it one day and so I started doing the same thing back. You'll be surprised how many times you start to see the numbers 222 in the world around you. :)

The number was the perfect name. Not only was it close to my heart, but it would be a constant reminder to me of love, of tenderness, of stepping back and appreciating, of family, of bonds beyond time, and of a little bit of magic. Plus, there's 2 of us here, a team. So it's perfection. The number has become special to Nate and I now as well and we find ourselves sending each other little "It's 2:22" texts when we notice the clock.

The other day my mom was browsing the internet and found this. I thought it was wonderfully appropriate to our goals as photographers, artists, best friends, business people, and livers of life...

The number 222 carries a much significance in the world of numerology . Many positive characteristics are attached with it like Duality, Polarity, Choice, Cooperation, Service, Harmony, Support, Waiting, Diplomacy, Patience, Intuition, Adaptability, Empathy, Partnership, Collecting, Reproduction, Balancing of Opposites

The number 222 signifies that the person is on the right path and he/she will face fewer obstacles. This number shows that the person is doing right work and the person is going in the right direction as well.


I loved this. Nate and I are polar opposites and yet we strive to come together in harmony to create, to cooperate, to adapt, and to reproduce moments in time for our beautiful friends and clients. (We also were excited about the "fewer obstacles" thing. I mean, who wouldn't be?)

The next time you notice the numbers 222 in your daily life, I challenge you to take a second to step back, breathe, and then tell someone important to you how much they mean in your life. Oh, by the way, it's 2:22pm. And I'm so thankful for each and every one of you.

9 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 3, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

    This is beautiful. I've always wondered what the significance of those numbers were.

    And I agree with everything in the email your mom sent. You both are amazing and on the right track. I wish you few obstacles and tons of happiness and success.

    PS... You are utterly mind-blowing for being in your second year of business! I wish I had 1/222 of your talent. ;)

  2. Carrie Nicole // March 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

    Love this Becka. I first came to know you early last year via the CSL/raw fooders and it's been really exciting to see things in your life grow and see your business come to life and flourish as it has.

    Many congrats, you are uber talented and the meaning behind the 222 just confirms that you picked the right name and that all of this is coming together just as it was meant to be.

    Loads of hugs to you and wishes for your continued success my dear.

    xoxoxo
    Carrie

  3. Mrs. LC // March 3, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

    "The number 222 signifies that the person is on the right path and he/she will face fewer obstacles. This number shows that the person is doing right work and the person is going in the right direction as well."

    That is so cool, and if I were you I probably would have gotten goosebumps when I read that. :)

    You are definitely on the right path!

  4. Tracy (Serendipity Images) // March 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

    Ever since I can remember, 22 has been my favorite number ... I see 22 & 222 frequently on clocks & odometers! I loved reading how you came up with your business name, and think we both recognize a lot of synchronicity in our lives & businesses =)

  5. Anonymous // March 4, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

    WOW!!! Love it!! Beautiful post my darling... You are an incredible young women and you have a wonderful young man in your life and together you will walk this out. I am so VERY happy for you and I still stop and pray for you when I see 222... Love always, Mom

  6. Anonymous // March 11, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

    Please tell me why you aren't writing every post as eloquently as this one?

  7. MakeItCount // April 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

    Ironically enough, I deposited $222 in my bank account today and I thought of you guys.

    How's THAT for brand recognition :)

  8. Joshua Street // June 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

    We have almost identical stories on 222...very cool. Good luck!

  9. Brianna Phelan // July 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

    It's so cool that you posted this. I can't believe that your company is so new, but your work is leaps and bounds better than some people who have been doing this for 10+ years. Your work is gorgeous and you constantly amaze me!