Who says it doesn't snow in Florida?

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 10:12 PM | | 7 comments » | Share on Facebook

We were both just sitting at our desks when we heard it hit the window. I turned to look. "Is that hail? It was just sunny outside!" Nate and I stepped to the window and pulled the curtain to one side. Sure enough, ominous gray had taken over the sky. A huge chunk of ice hit the glass right where my face was pressed up against it. I jumped back, startled. We both instantly turned to go to the front door as we heard the sound of torrential rain begin to fall.

We both love Florida thunderstorms and now that it's summertime, they arrive ever afternoon like clockwork. This one seemed to form out of thin air though.

Outside it looked like a hurricane. The wind was whipping leaves from all of the old oak trees surrounding our condo. It had been less than 5 minutes and our entire walkway was flooded in 4 inches of water. Hail the size of gum balls was raining down and bouncing all around our front porch. I had never seen anything like it. Chunks of ice were spraying off as the stones hit the gravel. The storm subsided after about 15 minutes, leaving the ground completely covered in tiny balls of ice. It looked like snow if you squinted your eyes. :)


Christmas in July? It's about as close as we're going to get I guess...




At least the storms leave us beautiful little shots like this to savor.


(p.s. that gray on the bottom is the flowing river of water flooding our walkway)



We've got a big weekend coming up and we're so excited! Not only is it the 4th of July which means FIREWORKS, but we've also got two portrait sessions with some amazing people and I can't wait! I hope the weather holds out for us! We also just ordered a bunch of business cards (finally) and are scouting out some new gear for upcoming weddings. July is going to be wonderful!





7 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 2, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

    Yes it is!!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you.... LOVE YOU

    Momma

  2. Nathan // July 2, 2008 at 12:01 PM  

    Crazy! I've never actually seen hail, looks kinda special. =P

    (See you guys soon!)

  3. Tiffany Izatt // July 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

    Wow that is crazy, but at least it offers something to talk about. Weather, isn't that such a great thing to talk about..... :)

  4. Studio222 Photography // July 2, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

    :) All part of my resolution to blog more

  5. Alexis // July 3, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

    Gah, the hail has always gotten me at scary times when I'm driving on the highway. So I never get to appreciate it...I'm somewhat jealous.

    Yay for all that good stuff though! ;)

  6. Lisette Price Photography // July 4, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

    Wow this is crazy! Christmas in July though....I love it! :)

  7. Anonymous // July 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

    Those shots are beautiful!