All the cool kids are doing it... ;)

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 3:22 PM | | 5 comments » | Share on Facebook

Last week Nate and I were invited to take some pictures for our friends at the Tried and True Tatoo Expo. Nate had been hearing good things about an artist from NYC that had done work on some of his friends from Apple and we decided to see if we could find him amidst the crowds of walking murals. :)

After circling the banquet hall twice we finally found him. Jason June is a talented artist from Tampa who now lives and works in Manhattan. He is amazing with color and very creative. Nate had a concept in mind that he explained to Jason and an hour later, the design was realized perfectly.

Nate is an amazingly talented drummer. That's actually how we met (we were in a band together for a few years). He played snare in drumline in high school and had a piece of drum music from his senior solo that he wanted to transform into a tattoo. Jason came up with a great banner idea.



Getting started...




Nate almost broke my hand. Jason warned him that shoulder/neck tattoos are some of the worst to sit through...




An hour or so later:




Nate: Becka wanted to get something too
Me: Ugh, yeah, well, I was just thinking...
Jason: What do you want?
Me: Um, well, I have this picture, it's small and-
Jason: Cool, wanna do it right now?
Me: Uh, now? Um, I guess -Nate pushes me into the booth- so, yeah.

After Jason almost broke my hand with his superman handshake, I was a little nervous to let him put a needle to my skin. But it was relatively painless. Nate said I didn't even wince. ;)


...Probably because mine took all of 3 minutes



Ta da! Love it!


5 comments

  1. Lisette Price Photography // September 4, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

    Wow Nate's tattoo looks painful! And yours is too cute! :)

  2. Anonymous // September 4, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

    Oh...you're brave! The sight of those needles would freak me out, but you proved you're pretty tough!

  3. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // September 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

    those are bad a$$!! i have a huge flower just under my armpit that took like 3 hours. that was fun :/ love the free bird! awesome ink guys!

  4. Studio222 Photography // September 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

    Thanks! I need to take a new photo of Nate's because now that it's healed you can really see the aqua blue color. Do you have a photo of your flower???

  5. Melanie Watson // September 25, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

    Oh I love the tattoos... I love the simplicity of the little bird. So much fun!