The City Beautiful

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 2 comments » | Share on Facebook

On Thursday, I was up before the sun. Driving down the interstate, there was a thick fog wrapping 1-4 in it's hazy grasp. I turned a corner and was struck by what I saw. The sun was coming up over the rooftops and piercing through the fog about 200 feet in front of me with a barrage of golden sunbeams. I've never seen golden light like I saw this morning. It bounced around inside the fog until it completely dissolved it and I was driving in crystal clear air. Amazing.

On the way back home, I was diverted by a backed up train (that sat on the tracks for a good 20 minutes! Ugh! I digress...) and was finally forced to drive the long way home as a detour. Lucky for me, the long way involves driving halfway around a lake directly eastbound towards the rising sun. As I circled the lake, I was blinded by the reflection of the sunrise on the surface of the water. The lake was completely still and reflecting the sky perfectly. If you've been following our blog for more than a week, you know that Nate and I LOVE clouds. (And by "LOVE" I mean "have an unhealthy photography obsession with" them.) We get so excited by ominous skies, sunsets, sunrises, and even everyday-Florida fluffy clouds. We joke that one day we'll become the photographers known for having crazy clouds in all their pictures. :) I hope these two images bring a bit of sunshine to wherever you may be. Happy Saturday!




2 comments

  1. Amanda Suanne // October 11, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

    wow that city is beautiful :D Wonderfulness

  2. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // October 12, 2008 at 3:42 AM  

    wow. just wow.