Good News and Bad News...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 1 comments » | Share on Facebook

November is very busy for us and as excited as we are, it does add a bit of stress to our otherwise boring life. ;) So what better way to usher in November than being robbed? Right? No? Yeah, we didn't think so either...

About 2 weeks ago we shot a really beautiful wedding in Tampa and got back home to Orlando around midnight. We unloaded all our gear and I backed up all our pictures before going to bed. The next day as we walked to the car to leave for brunch, we saw that it had been broken into. When I first looked inside I noticed that everything was disheveled but no token items were missing. My stereo was still there, as well as a bunch of clothes in the back seat, my speakers and the radar detector. Then I realized that I didn't have my purse and a wave of panic spread over me. (Ladies, you know the feeling I'm talking about.) I had put it in the trunk when we left the wedding and had forgotten to unload it before going to bed. I opened the trunk. Everything was tossed around but there was no purse. It was gone, along with all my cards, ID's, business cards, KEYS, and gift cards.

We started going through the process of calling all of our banks, getting new keys, etc. We've gotten the window fixed, Nate bought me a gorgeous new wallet, and my mom volunteered to replace my favorite lip gloss. I've been busy these last weeks trying to get new versions of everything that was stolen (which was hard since they took every legal form of ID I had. Note to self: keep something legal in the house!) It's just been very frustrating to say the least.

Why am I telling you all this? Because since I was without any ID or way to access any of my bank accounts, I got behind with various projects and mailings to our clients. I apologize if you are waiting for something. I finally have everything straightened out and am getting everything finished and in the mail this week to all of you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We love all of you guys and are sorry for the delay.

I do have some good news though! Everything is on track for our snazzy new website launch mid-December. And it's quickly becoming so much bigger than just a website launch. We are revealing new products, new images, and a whole new structure as well. We're very excited. You should be excied too! Because today I heard back from some ridiculously talented vendors and artists who are donating some AMAZING gifts for us to give away the week before the big launch. Yup, you heard me right. FREE SWAG! You will not want to miss out on these gifts. I'm secretly jealous that I can't just keep them all for myself. So, make a mental note to keep checking in with us here as the date gets closer and tell your friends, your mom, your girlfriends, your fellow brides-to-be, the cute couple living next door, the pregnant lady at church, and anyone else you happen to bump into between now and then. ;)

Lastly, since I refuse to have a post without a picture, here is one of my favorites from our friend Heather's birthday party "photo booth" last week:

1 comments

  1. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // November 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

    boo thieves!!! hope it gets better for you! hope you have an awesome weekend guys!