Bright lights, long nights...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 18 comments » | Share on Facebook

The conversation went something like this...

Becka: Plane tickets to NYC on sale today.
Nate: When are we going?
Becka: I don't know, wanna go?
Nate: Yeah
Becka: Really? Ok!


And that was it. Two tickets were bought for March 25-30th. It is just now hitting me that we are actually getting to go on a vacation. We haven't gone anywhere in a long time and I have the travel bug like you wouldn't believe! (Thank God for Jet Blue!)

I've been randomly shouting "We're going to New York!" as the excitement hits me.
Nate opened the door for me at a restaurant... "We're going to New York!"
We were waiting in line at the store... "We're going to New York!"
And today while watching TV..."We're going to New York!"

If you can't tell, I'm a bit excited. Nate's excited too, he's just much less like a 4 year old than I am and maintains his excitement like an adult. We don't have much planned. We have one photo shoot on the calendar but other than that, we will just be going wherever the glorious city wind takes us. We would love to hang out with any of you up there so if you wanna grab some dinner one day or be our tour guide, let us know. And if any of you locals can give us the inside info on some of the best places to eat, drink, dance, and shoot, we'll be your best friends forever. :)

So far we've been told that we absolutely MUST visit...
Pommes Fries
Pure Food & Wine
Zachary's Smile
Candle Cafe
John's Pizza
Mr. Softees Ice Cream
Soho
Greenwich Villiage
MOMA
Manolo Blahnik
Central Park
and TKTS for last minute tickets to the shows

Is there anything we're missing?


18 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM  

    Have fun!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

  2. skg // March 17, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

    yay for the two of you in NY! (that's soon!)

    If you're into shoes, there's a store called Shoegasm... beautiful stuff! (Apparently there's a few, I've been only to the one downtown in the TriBeCa area)

    Dinner with one of the best views of the skyline: Chart House (Weehawken, NJ... where I work). Come in on a sunday or a monday while you're here and at best I can see about swingin' my 50% discount for you (Average check is about $50-60/ person). At worst, I'm sure I can treat you to a dessert and/or appetizer! ;)

    UCB (upright citizens brigade): Improve comedy club in Chelsea. Shows for $5-15, I think. Apparently, asscat is a popular show on sunday with people from SNL sometimes joining in.

    I'm sure there's more. Let me know if you two have any particular interests. :)

  3. skg // March 17, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

    ..ooh! and can't forget walking the Brooklyn bridge at night. You'll definitely want your camera for that one.

  4. Megan Miller // March 17, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

    That's wild. I happen to be going to NYC on JetBlue from the 24th-29th !!!

  5. Studio222 Photography // March 17, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

    Thanks Stephanie!!!!! I am a show addict so that sounds awesome. And Nate and I love great views. We'll have to try and come by your restaurant. Oh, and we both love comedy! You're suggestions are awesome!

    Send me your email and I we can exchange phone numbers! :)

  6. Grant and Leandra // March 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

    Sounds like fun! Spontaneous trips are the best. :)

  7. lisalisa // March 17, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

    Exciting! Looks like you have a great list so far.

    I was there this past December. We froze our tushes off but had a blast.

    Neat website for events and go to site: http://nycgo.com/

    Also, we had lunch at Mesa Grill and it was delish
    http://www.mesagrill.com/newyorkcity/

    Have fun!

  8. Anonymous // March 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

    YES! You must go to the Tarina Tarantino store in SoHo. My favorite jewelry, EVER!

    Also, Lombardi's pizza is AMAZING!!!! It's the best pizza we had in NYC when we went in December.

    If you like shopping I also recommend checking out the enormousness that is Saks, Macy's, and Bergdorfs. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Billy and I actually got lost in Macy's.

  9. Studio222 Photography // March 17, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

    OOOO Great suggestions everyone! Keep em coming! :)

  10. Stephanie Combs // March 18, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

    Central Park is amazing, I could have spent a week there!! I can't wait to see what pictures you guys get :)

    There is a pizza place that Matt & I went to. It's called Empire Pizza and it's near the empire state building. It was cheap but the best pizza we had when there. It's a little hole in the wall place but so amazing

    The Brooklyn Bridge is also great! Ah I am so jealous of you guys going there!

  11. Anonymous // March 18, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

    you're going without me??? how could you? and here I thought we were friends. boooooo! :) - Alli

  12. michelle ford // March 18, 2009 at 2:52 AM  

    just don't forget to go shopping. hehehe. i love NY for 4 reasons...
    1. good food selection 2. great culture (shows, art, the village) 3. amazing shopping! 4. the forced excercise!

  13. Matilda Anderson // March 18, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

    I have a suggestion about NY... Go visit Village Vanguard. It's in Greenwich Village and it is THE most amazing Jazz Club ever. You won't regret it... It's one of the more amazing things that I've done.

  14. Lisette Price Photography // March 18, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

    How fun!!! I love planning random trips like this. Enjoy yourselves and relax!!!

  15. Studio222 Photography // March 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

    OOOO. I love Jazz! Thanks Matilda. And everyone. We're going to have to make a list of all these suggestions and keep it on our iphones. LOL

  16. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // March 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

    jealous!!! i want to go on vacation! have an awesome time guys!

    check out serendipity! have a frozen hot chocolate for us and take a picture so we can drool all over ourselves more than usual!

  17. Lindsey // March 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

    you must go to balthazar!! http://www.balthazarny.com/ that place is amazing!!

  18. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // March 28, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

    http://www.serendipity3.com/main.htm have you gone here yet? if you go you gotta give us the low down. i've heard it's the bomb!