You're Beloved...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 AM | | 5 comments » | Share on Facebook

I had another post scheduled for today but some unexpected moments toward the end of the week left me feeling inspired to write this one instead. (Don't worry, you'll see what was supposed to go here soon enough.)

There is something that we all share. An experience so organic that every human being can understand it because they have all felt it. It is that moment when you put yourself out there and wait...

As someone chasing her dreams down on a daily basis, I'm smacked in the face with this experience every few minutes, like sets of waves crashing in on me and never ceasing. I know I am not alone. As photographers, we wear our hearts on our sleeves (or blogs, or websites....) because we wear it through our art. And that is a good thing, because everyone needs an artist that is as emotionally invested in the process as they are. And that is something that, for someone as emotionally invested as I am, can be continually terrifying.

I wanted to share a song with you all that has become extremely dear to my soul. It's by an amazing artist named Amy Seeley. I think that Amy's lyrics speak beautifully to anyone that is pursuing a dream or a goal or is putting themselves out there for the world. Artists, dream-chasers, and everyone in between... know that everything that you dream is beloved. Have a wonderful weekend.






*lyrics by Amy Seeley

5 comments

  1. Brandi // July 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

    <3 Beautiful words.

  2. Vanessa Marie // July 10, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

    Thanks for posting this - I needed to read those words!

    &hearts&

  3. Tira J // July 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

    Beautiful! Thank you and have a Happy Friday!!!

  4. Carrie Nicole // July 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

    Love this, beautiful! I first heard of Amy Seeley from Sarah Rhoads when her hubs was playing bass for her at a show round these parts. She's awesomeness!
    Have an amazing weekend my dear!
    xoxo

  5. Matt T // July 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

    These are beautiful Becca, I read them just when I needed to, perfect timing :)