25 Things About Becka

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 AM | | 11 comments » | Share on Facebook



1. I'm kind of a hypochondriac. I have an irrational fear of hospitals and of needles so whenever I don't feel well I get terrified that something is horribly wrong with me and that I'll have to be taken to the hospital.
2. I'm an introvert. I would rather stay at home all day than go anywhere. I think most of that is because I don't like getting ready to go out. And because our laundry is rarely done so I don't usually have many wardrobe items to choose from.
3. Anthropologie is my favorite store. If I could, I would shop there exclusively. But they don't sell cute enough shoes.
4. Speaking of shoes, I love high heels. Really high heels. At least 4 inches. (I just bought these beauties today!)
5. The image above was inspired by an image that the talented Jasmine Star took a while back. Her work and story inspire me.
6. Salerno, Italy in particular holds a big piece of my heart. I spent a summer there and I absolutely cannot wait to go back.
7. My favorite show in middle school was Dawson's Creek. I think that show is where I first discovered by love for big words, and for men like Pacey.
8. I enjoy editing pictures just as much, if not more, than taking them. (Which I hear is rare for photographers.)
9. I hate those blood pressure machines. I hate when it tightens around my arm and makes it so that I can feel my pulse in my elbow. Just thinking of it gives me shivers. Nate made me do it last weekend and my blood pressure was perfect but my pulse was ridiculously high because I started to freak out towards the end of the test.
10. My dream car is a black (or silver) Mercedes roadster. One day I will have one. I will.
11. No matter how well hydrated I am, my lips are always chapped.
12. I have very little tolerance for learning curves on things I am not interested in. I will stay up for hours teaching myself css coding to tweak this blog or work for hours to learn a new studio management software interface but I give up immediately when I can't find my iTunes files. I get frustrated and angry and whine to Nate that the computer is broken. He finds this completely mind-boggling. I call it an allocation of mental resources.
13. If I won a big amount of money, one of the things I would buy would be one of those hard core personal trainers who would yell at me and force me to get into amazing shape.
14. I have one small tattoo on my left wrist. I want to get two or three more small ones but I just can't decide where I want them.
15. I really love Gossip Girl more than anything else on TV (except maybe LOST)
16. I find it extremely charming when people directly address other people. (Ex: Tell me, Alexis, how was your day?) I try to remember to do it but always forget. Our friend Matt Tucker is a master at this.
17. I could drink Diet Dr. Pepper every day and never get sick of it!
18. I don't like it when my foods touch on my plate. Unless they were meant to touch. But at holidays, like Thanksgiving, I have to strategically position my portions so they don't bump into each other on the plate.
19. I really like the taste of pancake batter.
20. If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life it would be gelato from Gerry's Gelaterie in Salerno and be completely happy until the day I die. Or Spicier Nacho Doritoes.
21. If I had to go through college again and pick a different major than the one I currently have I'd want to get a degree in Nutrition.
22. I want to be an art collector one day but I feel like I don't know enough to go into a real gallery to shop.
23. I love exposed brick interiors. (Think: Brooklyn lofts) My dream home would be a place that has them.
24. I'm really excited about having kids one day. Not now, but one day. And I want my kids to have really cool names. Nothing too plain, nothing overdone, and nothing too crazy. I have a few in mind, but I'm not telling.
25. I can't sleep unless the room I'm in is very cold and I'm covered in thick blankets and comforters. I literally wake up from a deep sleep and can't fall back asleep until it's cold.

11 comments

  1. Brandi // February 19, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

    Becka, I actually really enjoy editing photos too! Plus you know I'm with you on the high heel.. ;)

  2. Anonymous // February 19, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

    I will not read these, but you're kind of hot, so I will not mock you.

  3. Stephanie Combs // February 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

    I am the same way about food. I rather get 4 helpings at holidays then have 1 with all the food touching..I shiver thinking about it

  4. Anonymous // February 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

    I am the same way about food. I rather get 4 helpings at holidays then have 1 with all the food touching..I shiver thinking about it

  5. Anonymous // February 19, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

    Um...I can't decide if ZZ's comment is nice or mean. Either way, I think you're hot too ;)


    (And I love Italy as well. I'm trying to talk my husband into an anniversary trip!)

  6. Anonymous // February 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

    I totally have to agree with #25. I always have it cold and with thick blankets on. I just can't sleep with out the weight or cold breeze on my face.

  7. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // February 21, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

    #18 made me lol. i don't know why, but it just sounded funny! my wife is the same way with hospitals and high heels. bummed you missed wppi this year. next year!

  8. Anonymous // February 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

    16. There is none other like the Tucker
    23. Me too! We tried so hard to find a place in Chicago with exposed brick...
    25. Edgar practically sleeps with 4 layers on, plus sheets and two comforters because I won't let him turn on the heat at night. I like it fa-fa-fareezing!

  9. Mamacita Chilena // February 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

    I kind of freaked out a little bit when I read this. I too enjoy editing photos just as much if not more than I enjoy shooting them. I also love Diet Dr. Pepper (and they don't have it in Chile where I live...travesty) and Gossip Girl. And there were lots of other things on your list too that we had in common. Weird.

    I just found your blog via the Southern Weddings blog. Great stuff!

    Kyle
    (www.kyleheppphotography.com)

  10. Unknown // March 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

    you're so cute, I'm pretty sure I want to be you;)

  11. Heather // March 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

    Becka you're so cute! I'm glad your love of editing is my sigh of relief! Love PS editing but could ralph at the thought of color and density correcting images-YUCK! ;)

    Nate and I have something in common...I too am a neat freak trapped in a lazy persons body (ha!)