Featured on TrashtheDress.com

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | , | 6 comments » | Share on Facebook

This morning I was thrilled to get a message from our friends at Trash the Dress letting me know that they had selected some of our images to be featured. (Hello Josh & Lisa! You little hotties!) Of course I was thrilled because I love trashthedress.com! It is such a wonderful resource for brides thinking of participating in one of these fantastic sessions. Head on over there to see our feature!



Nate and I love (read: LUUUUUHHHHVVVEEE) these sessions! These sessions are always fun, romantic, and a bit steamier than others and we like it like that! We call them "Encore Sessions" and you can see some examples of them on our website and here on our blog. The sky's the limit with these sessions as we can literally go ANYWHERE and do ANYTHING for the pictures. Now, I know what you're thinking...

But Becka, it's my wedding dress! I just can't ruin it!
Okay, I understand. Let's chat for a minute about that.

First of all, we call these sessions "Encore" sessions for a reason. It is your encore. It's your time with your husband to get all dressed up again and get some show-stopping images of you both in all your wedding-attire glory. But this time, we will have tons of time and no limitations on where we can go. On your wedding day we want to keep you looking pristine and so we won't say, for example, "Go lay in the surf of the ocean over there". But for an Encore session, we can! And just because we can trash your dress doesn't mean we will. Yes, you will probably get it a bit dirty and possibly a bit wet. But that is the sort of thing we can work out ahead of time. Let us know how far you want to go and we'll plan out an amazing session based on that. Right now your mind is filling with the limitless possibilities isn't it? Don't fight it...ours is too!

Second, I understand the feeling of nostalgia. I really do. I kept my high school cheerleading uniform for years. (And yes, I would periodically put it on just to see if it would still zip. Don't judge.) But, you're not going to wear it again. (Unless you decide to do what I did with my uniform which was really just torturous so let's spare you the pain.) It is most likely going to hang gracefully in your closet. Why not hang it on your wall as an amazing image? Why not memorialize it in the way it deserves?

Lastly, I know that some of you will not budge. And I know a little part of you will be sad because deep down you would really love to take the plunge into the Atlantic Ocean in a gown. But, you'll stand firm in defense of your beautiful dress. Admirable. Really it is. And for you, I suggest an alternative. Many brides go out and buy a stand-in gown. A stunt double, if you will. It's truly a great idea. You can pick up used dresses on the cheap online or at the sales at your local boutiques. Then you can be free to pose with reckless abandon for our cameras and we'll be free to ask you to jump up and down in a puddle. Everyone's happy.


If you're interested in one of our Encore sessions, shoot us an email. We can calm your nerves, discuss ideas and options, and have some fun planning the perfect Encore for you and your husband.

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // February 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

    Congrats guys!

  2. Anonymous // February 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

    Rock on friends!
    Your TTD photos are fabulous.

  3. Anonymous // February 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

    Oh, I sooo want to do an encore session!... I just don't know when yet. Maybe sometime in the fall :)

  4. Studio222 Photography // February 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

    Kim...we totally need to do it! I have fun ideas in mind for you. :)

  5. Anonymous // February 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

    I'd love to hear your ideas!

  6. Anonymous // February 19, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

    Well gosh, you guys are popping up all over the place aren't you? How long till you take over the world? :)