Superbowl Sunday with the Robinsons

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 9 comments » | Share on Facebook

Okay, let me first start with a confession. I tried to not let it get to me but I'm not made of stone and I can't hide it anymore! When I post our client's pictures, we get tons of lovely comments and my heart smiles. When I post personal pictures we get nothing. Crickets chirp, pins drop, the resounding echoes thunder across the blog, and my heart breaks a little. Okay, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but I love sharing more than just our work with you, I love being able to share who we are when we aren't working- the silly, the creative, the romantic, the mundane, the exciting... everything!

So, even if no one leaves comments, I'm going to continue to let you into our personal lives. Because I like to. And hopefully you'll all learn to like it too because if you don't, you're going to be stuck sitting at your computer pouting. And no one likes a pouter. ;)

I don't think I've ever been in a family portrait that I like better than this one. It's perfection.

World, our family. Family, meet the blog world!


I love when we get to spend time with Nate's side of the family. The nephews, other than being ridiculously handsome, are so much fun to be around. Nate and I both wish they lived closer so we could hang out with them more often. They are just the sweetest, funniest, and most talented young men I've ever met. Nate's parents are hilarious and welcoming and have the biggest hearts of any two people you will ever meet. (You may remember the images we took on Father's Day of Nate's dad surfing.) And Nate's sister is like the sister I never had. I feel so blessed to have all of them in my life!

Today, Nate's side of the family came to visit for a Superbowl pre-party/Deep Fry Food Bash/Birthday Celebration. (When we celebrate, we celebrate big!) Nate fried up some hot wings, and I made fried cheesecake and fried oreos. (Yes, they are just as bad for you as they sound, and yes, they are just as delicious as you are imagining!)

The nephews played XBox & Wii, the ladies went on an expedition to Ikea, and the men scoured Circuit City for closeout specials. But more than anything, we all came together to celebrate Nate's birthday. I am so very proud of everything he has accomplished this year! I would list out all of the reasons why I'm proud, but that would bore all of you so I'll just say that I couldn't be happier for him! I feel so blessed to get to share all of it with him and am excited to see what this next year has in store for him and for us.

Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!

9 comments

  1. Jessica // February 1, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

    I will proudly be the first to leave a comment... you are truly blessed! The pictures are fantastic!!

  2. Anonymous // February 1, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

    LOVE IT! What a fun family picture! I love your personal posts!

  3. Anonymous // February 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

    Awesome pics - looks like a fun family!
    Ok, but fried oreos? Seriously? Yikes...

  4. A.M. // February 2, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

    I love your personal posts. :-)

    And the picture on the right is ADORABLE!!

  5. Anonymous // February 2, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

    Hey baby, love the pictures and they look warm and inviting... Yes you are truly blessed and so am I... Love You

  6. Mrs. LC // February 3, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

    Awesome family photo! And I LOVE the pics from the Make a Wish apple shopping spree - how awesome that you got to be a part of that!

  7. Anonymous // February 4, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

    Great pics. they look like love is all around them. Keep up the good work.

  8. Anonymous // February 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

    Aw, very cool family pic! I know what you mean about personal posts...our blog is the same way. But I like to comment on people's personal posts just as much...and I'll be back! :-)

  9. Anonymous // February 4, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

    ahhh Becka and Nate I love this!! And I love your personal posts so take that all you non-personal-post-commenters! :D