I'm like a "your mom" cobra- you never know when I'm gonna strike! | Studio222 in NYC

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 30 comments » | Share on Facebook

Nate is usually the witty one. And I'm the pretty one, clearly. ;) But I dropped a few fab one-liners on this trip. The one in subject line is one of them. What can I say? The city just brings out the best in me. And I quickly fell in love with it. I love that Urban Spoon found 17 Starbucks shops within 0.3 miles of me one morning. I love that everyone wears boots. I love that people spontaneously break into song and no one cares because the city is full of performers. I love that Julia Stiles takes the subway (yes, we saw her!) I love that the drag queen host of late-night karaoke had a better manicure than I did. I love that there are bakeries- EVERYWHERE! I love that in 5 days of eating like a pig I actually LOST 2 pounds because of how much walking the city demands. I love that in 30 minutes you can get almost anywhere in Manhattan. I love the Village. I love the architecture. I love the energy. I love that you can still get coffee, dinner, drinks, toilet paper, or caramelized pecans at 3am. And I love that fashion is so free.

We loved all the suggestions that everyone sent us! They really helped us to see so much more of the city and helped to give us a sense of purpose as we explored. We fell in love with the Village and decided that if we ever move to the city we will have to live there. I think it was by far my favorite place to be. Nate loved it too but I think he likes midtown the best. He loves the bright lights, the hustle and bustle, and the energy around Times Square.

We cannot wait to go back. (Scroll to the bottom to see our video.)

If we get 20 comments on this post, we'll give you a before and after from one of these...




Our only day with sunlight, we had to capture it...




Central Park (How many birds do you see?)


Nate's favorite bird shot


My favorite bird shot


My favorite image from the trip.


Rally at NYU


My view...


Nate's view...


Nate's self portrait


An amazing jazz band in Washington Square














Law & Order filming in the Village




Our future home? ;)


Spring in the City


Walking along the Hudson River




Through the telescopes...








Our hosts/tour-guides/models ;)



And now, our very first stop-motion video, from our last morning in the city. Enjoy!


NYC with Studio222 Photography from Studio222Photography on Vimeo

30 comments

  1. Bobby Earle // April 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

    Soooo freaking cool!!! Totally biting you guys on this one next time we travel :D

    Bobby

  2. Janaye // April 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

    Man, I wish I had great filters and actions and cameras like you. All I have is a Nikon D40. It works, but my photoshop/after process sucks... @.@ oi. I just love your stuff!

  3. James // April 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

    Your work is pure art. I love it. Amazing stuff.

  4. Rachael Earl // April 1, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

    <------Jealous
    New York is a place I've always wanted to visit!

  5. Heather // April 1, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

    Looks like you guys had a blast!
    I'm so jealous you saw Law and Order being filmed (this is my favorite show) and that you saw Julia Styles (Love her!)

  6. ashley (sweetandnatural) // April 1, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

    Sounds - and looks - like you guys had an awesome time. Your photography is incredible. You really captured the city - looking at your pics made me feel proud to live here!

  7. Anonymous // April 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

    i still need to go to new york... nevertheless, i really feel like you two took me there. thank you for sharing your lives and talents. (and becka, your favorite bird shot - adorable!) - love, Alli

  8. Andrea // April 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

    BEAUTIFUL photos! I'd love to see a before and after...

  9. Lisette Price Photography // April 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

    Okay I'm so envious of this trip!! :) It looks like you two had a great time and you definitely took some ahhhhmazing pictures!!

  10. Hayley Hudgeons // April 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

    i have no words. these are beautiful. you guys are amazing.

  11. Dennis Bullock // April 1, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

    Great work guys!

  12. Stefanie Warren // April 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

    Your favorite picture is also my favorite Becka. But so many of these are totally wall-hanging, local coffee shop worthy. New York is so stimulating and looking at the pictures really gave me a taste of it. And the subway picture just rocks my socks off. One question, how many gigs of memory did it take to shoot the stop motion scenes?? I made a really cool one of Rylie at the park, but it wasn't nearly as long!

  13. Unknown // April 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

    Technically speaking is it blackmail or extortion? ;-)

  14. Studio222 Photography // April 1, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

    @Bobby "Biting" us? Is that some sort of hipster socal code that we aren't cool enough to know?

    @Janaye Thanks Janaye, equipment is important but we don't really use filters. You'd be surprised what you can do in camera.

    @Alli I just loved how he turned his little head up. Such a great model. He found the light. Tyra would be so proud!

    @Stefanie We shot on jpeg for those images and they took up about 4g :)

  15. Studio222 Photography // April 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

    @Matt Hey, it got you to comment didn't it? ;)

    Everyone say "HI" to our assistant Matt!

  16. Unknown // April 2, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

    I am so jealous!! NYC is my favorite place in the entire world. I, too, would love to someday live in the village!

  17. Bradford // April 2, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

    A bunch of these look like they should be on somebody's wall! Nice art pieces! Great stuff you guys!!

  18. Carrie Nicole // April 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM  

    Chica! Love these photos, made me miss NY all the more.

    And I have a very special request... can I PLEASE buy a print of the Brooklyn Bridge photo? Pretty pretty please? I'm from Brooklyn and that picture nearly brought me to tears.

  19. Anonymous // April 2, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

    I wish I had you two with me when I went to the city this Christmas! Great photos!!!!

  20. Anonymous // April 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

    Hi Matt.... Enjoy the ride... 222Mom

  21. Jamie Burnett // April 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

    Looks like an amazing trip and I love the images... I wanna go! :)

  22. gina&tony // April 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

    ok, i finally had to come out of stealth stalker mode to comment. guys - these shots are so kick a$$. it made me realize how much i take being in nyc for granted sometimes. i think it's time to head out and take some personal photos. :) thanks for inspiring me! -gina

  23. Studio222 Photography // April 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

    @Gina HI!!!! Thanks for coming out of hiding. My heart is swelling with all these comments! :)

    Please say HI more often. And yes, go take pictures! We're so jealous that you get to live there.

  24. Meredith // April 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

    I'm so jealous! I am dieing to go to NY!!!! Great job on the pictures, I just recently started following your blog & i am already a stalker... I love love love your work :)

  25. Studio222 Photography // April 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

    @Meredith

    Thanks! Come say hi more often! :)
    And keep your eyes on Jet Blue. Our tickets were dirt cheap round trip. They have amazing 24 hour specials!

  26. Lindsey // April 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

    Man, you guys have been rocking it SO much! I LOVE the bird shots (ALL of them) and the one you labelled as your favorite... new large canvas for your living room, I think?! :)

  27. Zak Schwank // April 4, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

    Whoa I got's to get my behind to NYC!

  28. Studio222 Photography // April 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

    Lindsey...done and done ;)

  29. Amanda Suanne // April 8, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

    love these!! :) I have always wanted to go to New York!

  30. Regina White // April 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

    So I just LOVEEEEEE these photos. In my past/future life I am a NEW YORKER! I have and will always want to live there. These totally rock.