Emily & Matt: Downtown Orlando Engagement Session

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 9 comments » | Share on Facebook

Lake Eola | Orlando | Florida

Now that I've begun to really plan out posts for this blog I've become really hard on myself when I don't get them done in time. As I type this, I'm already almost an hour late to post it and I still need to upload all the images. *shakes head in shame*

I love living downtown. No matter where in the world I live, I want to be near a big urban area like this. Just last night Nate, our friend Matilda, and I all went down to the lake to watch the Magic game and get some munchies. We started at a place called Dexter's where we munched on sweet potato fries that were so tasty that they sparked a discussion on who has the best sweet potato fries in Orlando. Nate adamately proclaimed Spice Steakhouse the winner. (Even though their fries are technically chips, they have this secret cinnamon sauce that's made of black magic and tastes like heaven, so we overlooked the technicality.) We decided to walk over there to introduce Matilda to their sheer magnificence but got diverted on the way by rain. We popped into Wildside Grill where it was dry and enjoyed a few drinks and some great conversation before heading on to the ever-popular Hue to watch the last 2 minutes (aka 25 minutes with all the time-outs and fouls) of the game before heading back home. How could anyone not love living in a place like this? (Oh, and GO MAGIC!)

It's needless to explain why we are so inspired when we shoot downtown. Our love for the area easily translates into our images. And when you've got a couple as show-stopping as Emily and Matt, you've got an easy job on your hands. We took them all around Lake Eola and down into Thornton Park a bit for their session. We had such a fabulous time getting to know them both better and are so excited for their wedding this November. Emily is going to be using some images for her Save the Date cards and maybe if you all leave her nice comments she'll send me one so I can show it off to all of you as inspiration. ;)




Boom. That just happened.




BLING-ALING-ALING-ALING




I'm gonna go ahead and dub this the "Offical Oh-So-Awesome 222 Pose"






Cuuuttteee


Hello gorgeous!






NATE: "Do a really corny pose. I love corny!"


LOVE THIS


You may need to look away because of all the FIERCE that is flowing from this one. We understand.


You aren't even ready for these last 2...


BAM! FAVORITE

9 comments

  1. Amanda Suanne // May 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

    love love love!!!!!

  2. Bri // May 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

    oooh niiiiceee (said in a really cool voice!) I love these :)

  3. Deidre // May 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

    What a great session - I love that last one!!!

  4. Anonymous // May 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

    Stunning, as always.

    Man, I want me some good pictures...

  5. greta, smitten // May 22, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

    aw man i left blog love for this one on the wrong post!! :\ maybe i should put blog love for the other one on here..? sorry, i'm a goof!!

  6. Zak // May 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

    "That's hot!" *best Paris Hilton voice. :) Seriously tho these are perfect.

  7. Lindsey // May 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

    WOW that last one is killer! But I do love the interaction you are able to capture throughout. Truly beautiful. :)

  8. Rachel :) // May 22, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

    Becka! This shoot is amazing! y'all are so talented! :)

  9. Studio222 Photography // May 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

    @bri I love your cool voice ;)

    @greta No worries, it's a common oops around these parts. :)

    @kwerk Fancy seeing you here ;)

    @amanda Love right back atcha

    @Zak It made my day that you just quoted Paris Hilton

    @Lindsey Thank you!

    @Rachel Thanks so much!