Corissa & Kurt: Grand Bohemian Wedding Sneak Peak

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 17 comments » | Share on Facebook

Grand Bohemian Hotel | Downtown Orlando | Florida

Corissa and Kurt trusted us. They trusted us completely. They trusted us so much that if I really wanted to, I could have gone Austin Powers on them (shouted, "You're a tiger baby!....and I'm spent!" tossed my camera into the hands of my assistant and walked out of the room) and they probably would have just laughed and continued on with their day without worrying for a second where I was going.

I cannot say it enough, in the relationship between photographer and subject, trust is integral. It's the same reason why you hear me say all the time how we look for that special *click* with our couples, it's not just a happy extra for us, it's a necessity. We need our couples to trust us. We need them to be able to be comfortable in front of us and our cameras. We need them to relax and have fun. We need them to be willing to open up and show us glimpses of who they really are. I think that most people want this, but it's so hard to really do it. It's hard to let someone see into you that way. Portraiture is not just about getting a picture of a person, it's about capturing a piece of who that person really is. You know the feeling you get when you look into someone's eyes and can feel that they've let you passed their everyday wall and into who they really are, in their soul? That's what we look for. The best, most epic, most breathtaking, and most touching images come from moments of exactly that.

When people meet with us we hear a lot of, "Will you get this shot? Will you make me look pretty? I usually don't look good in pictures. I look better in person. I am not photogenic...." And with every question they ask I keep hearing the same thing: "Will you capture who I really am? Can I trust you, if I let you in on this special day, to capture who we really are?" The answer is yes. Yes if you will trust us to do it. And if you will let your guard down and relax, you will be shocked by the beauty in you. Once the trust is there we are free to be so much more creative and that opens up all kinds of doors. I am so excited to share this sneak peak because of these reasons. These images are beautiful and are a perfect example of the images that come into being when we are trusted completely.


We're having a lot of fun with ring shots lately...


When the nerves kick in...




A private first look before the ceremony










This is one of my favorite wedding party shots, ever.




Chandeliers




First dance...


Love this moment with Corissa's parents:




Painting with lights...


Nate's new thing is trying to get goofy shots with the bride, my new thing is trying to sneak in like a ninja...


Goodnight lovebirds...

17 comments

  1. Stephanie Combs // June 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

    These are beautiful! I love the one of the entire wedding party in front of the building. Amazing.

  2. Anna Lynch McClary // June 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

    Ummm yeah, that bridal party shot pretty much rocks!

  3. MichBilyeu // June 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

    beautiful! I love how this is a "sneak peak" post but there are so many pictures that clearly described the gorgeousness of the wedding! :)

  4. shawnreeder // June 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

    OMG, are you serious!!! Some of my favorite work I've seen from you two yet!! Awesome!!!!!!

  5. Rachael Earl // June 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

    I'm pretty sure you guys are my favorite detail photographers-the ring and shoe shots-are you kidding me???? And that bridal party shot is awesome!

  6. Studio222 Photography // June 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

    @Steph Thanks :)

    @Anna Yeah, Nate had to lay flat on his back for that one. Maybe I'll post that image in the next blog post. LOL!

    @Mich :) I have a hard time narrowing it down.

    @Shawn Thanks friend. That means a lot!

    @Racharl Wow! That's quite a title! We'll take it. :)

  7. Lauren Kinsey // June 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

    Wow!! Gorgeous wedding! I love the setup for the ceremony!

  8. Anonymous // June 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

    love the ring shot! and the shoes! -alli

  9. avoidance // June 16, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

    This is a simply stunning set. Both of you at your best!

  10. Janaye // June 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

    I wish you could be our wedding photographer! Lol. You two are so amazing! Every wedding you shoot, you get better and better. I wish I could be good like you at photography lol.

  11. Anonymous // June 17, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

    WOW... Love the group shot, the shoe shot is awesome and the shot with her Dad was beautiful and spoke of his love for his daughter... sniff, sniff.... Love you baby... M

  12. Brandi // June 17, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

    That's awesome! So fabulous. You always find some ways to do EPIC shoe shots :P

  13. Tira J // June 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

    That group shot is fantastic! Totally creative! And the post was beautiful.

  14. ohana photographers // June 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

    umm....doesn't.get.any.better.than.this! loving that shoe shot and the bridal party!

  15. Hybrid Photography // June 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

    Yeha, best bridal party shot EVER. Shoe shot rocks too!!

  16. Unknown // June 17, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

    These are so beautiful! That ring shot is so awesome!!!

  17. Rita // June 18, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

    Ok I am convinced you photograph celebrity look-a-likes! The groom looks like Hugh Grant!!!