Traci & Steve: Wedding at Cypress Grove

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | , | 22 comments » | Share on Facebook

Cypress Grove | Orlando | Florida

Traci is another example of a bride who handed the reins over to us completely. From the first time we spoke, to the first time we met, to the wedding day, Traci kept telling us that we had "full creative control" (which is pretty much the 3 best words any photographer can hear). "If you want a certain picture and I'm off talking to someone, literally grab me and pull me away!" is what Traci told us on the morning of the wedding. Nate and I just smiled at each other knowing that this was going to be a good day. I cannot emphasize how important this trust relationship is. If you're an upcoming client of ours and you feel disconnected, give us a call, we'll go get coffee, or wine, or cheesecake and just hang out. We promise we won't bring our cameras. ;) Traci and Steve not only trusted us, but they really brought us in and made us feel like friends. The magic that was created is unmistakeable and Traci and Steve's wedding is undoubtedly one of our best to date. We are extremely proud of it. But it's not all us, Traci was a planning goddess! She had pages of details that she had hand-chosen to incorporate. Seriously people, pages! I couldn't even fit all the details into this post and I have over 50 images in here! I'll have to dedicate another post just to her details! ;) Her goal was to get her wedding into her favorite wedding blog,Southern Weddings. Let's see how we do...






Kate Spade


Loubou's...my heart is all aflutter!






Wondering what's on that computer screen?


Well hello bachelor number one!




Natalie did such a fabulous job with Traci's makeup. She even brought an airbrush machine!


Flawless...


And Teresa worked her magic on the locks...


Perfection!




Traci wanted to scope out the ceremony and reception site as it was getting set up...


Jim Hjelm, ladies and gentlemen...


...and Betsy Johnson!


Something old: Her fathers hospital bracelet from when he was born


Waiting...








I love his face...


Last chance Steve!


Traci & Steve's "babies"...




Dum, dum, da dum...














Yay!




Work it out!


Traci and her bridesmaids are all old soccer teammates...






...and are all beautiful




Bromance...




I think this was Traci's favorite detail:


Kristen was such a wonderful coordinator. Seriously, just look at how amazing this wedding turned out!




Traci's dad was by far the most fun father of the bride we've ever met...




Greenery productions blew our minds with the amazing arrangements:


Smooches & Sunsets


48 seconds...


Goodnight!




Traci & Steve,

Congratulations! And thank you so much for trusting us and allowing us to be as creative as we wanted. It means so much to us that you allowed us that freedom on such an important day in your lives. We wish you years and years of wedding bliss! And we absolutely cannot wait till you are back here in Florida for your trash the dress session.


Traci's recommended vendors:
Getting ready location: The Grand Bohemian Hotel
Venue: Estate House at Cypress Grove Park
Wedding Coordination: Kristin at Blush
Wedding Gown: Jim Hjelm
Reception Dress: Forever 21
Makeup: Natalie at Knockout Artistry
Hair: Teresa at Capricci Ricci Salon
Shoes: Kate Spade, Christian Louboutin, Betsy Johnston
Catering: Creative Cuisine
Linens & Runners: Custom by a family member
Stationery: Glory Thorpe at Revelry Invitation Studio
Floral: Tom Murphy of Greenery Productions
Photobooth: Photomagic
Photography: US! ;)


Since Nate and I are a team, we usually only end up with pictures of one of us at a time shooting but we were lucky enough to have our oh-so-fantastic assistant Matt with us at Traci's wedding and he got this shot of both Nate and I shooting the mother/son dance....

(Thanks Matt!)

22 comments

  1. Brandi // June 17, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

    Super gorgeous! And hello - fabulous taste in shoes, of course. You guys rocked this, and so did the gorgeous couple!

  2. shawnreeder // June 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

    Wow, Wow!! Amazing wedding and you guys killed it!! Great story telling. Love the Bachelor #1 shot. Hilarious!!

  3. Anonymous // June 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

    WOW, WOW and WOW!!! Mom

  4. Scottie Chanson // June 17, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

    Wow you guys, that looks like it was a lot of fun! I also saw your feature in this month's Professional Photographer, congrats!

  5. Tira J // June 17, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

    These are amazing! I love all of the details, so I can see why you wanted to post so many images.

  6. Kelly LaBruyere // June 17, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

    WOW! Absolutely gorgeous wedding!

  7. Over the Moon Custom Design // June 17, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

    I am so in love with these photos... it is hard to pick a favorite. The ring shots were so cute and creative. I also especially love those last three night shots! Lovely!!!

  8. leahbird // June 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

    gorgeous! the images are beautiful! you captured the day perfectly, i can't wait to see more pics! great work!

  9. Tressa Ross // June 17, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

    Hello pink feathers! Love the style of this wedding and the way you shot it knocked it out of the park! The "Bromance" was priceless!

  10. Rita // June 18, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

    Oh my goodness I have missed so much reading from your blog! I am in awe! Why did I miss out you ask? Well I have been checking every other day for an update and I kept getting the "break open the Bubbly" post. So here I sit and think ok no update, they must be busy.

    *insert*smack head here*insert*

    I bookmarked your blog with THAT post!!!!!! So now I need to get a cup of joe, sit back and start reading! (and soak up all your awesomeness!)

    PS: by the way talk about rocking this wedding. I am learning so much from you guys.

  11. Rita // June 18, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

    PSS: I fixed the link ;)

  12. Rita // June 18, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

    Ok I did miss out on a bunch of stuff! Congratulations you guys!!! Oh my goodness THAT RING!

    To. die. for.

    Wow wow wow! Ok next time I will double check my book marks before I save them!

    PSS: If you ever venture down under for a visit or a workshop or a destination wedding, let me know! :)

  13. Studio222 Photography // June 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

    Rita... I've done that soooo many times! LOL. That's funny. Yes, a lot has happened since then. HAHA.

    Welcome back ;)

    And I would LOVE to go to Australia. It's on my life list!

  14. Cathy and David Photographers // June 18, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

    Great details and loving the light!!! :)

  15. Traci // June 18, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

    I Laughed, I cried! You guys continue to amaze, i cant believe this was MY wedding, i get lost in it, im just obsessed with your ability to capture.... im like when did they take that?
    Eternal thank yous-to you and nate and matt!
    Ps. I asked Steve last night if we could hire you guys to capture all of our (unborn and not even in sight)children's birthdays, and weddings :)
    What are you doing in 2045? haha

  16. Mel Watson // June 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

    Hello gorgeousness! That is a bride after my own heart. Loving all the shoes. You guys rocked it!

  17. Jamie Burnett // June 19, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

    I am loving all of the images, but the shoes I want for myself... ALL OF THEM!!! Great stuff as usual!

  18. Heather // June 19, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

    beautiful images! love the shot of them in the street-perfection

  19. Jen // June 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

    Um...wow! Gorgeous couple and I love the style, the details, the shoes, the gown, the bridesmaid dress...all captured with amazing imagery!

  20. Sofie // June 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

    Awesome set of photos - so, so many great shots in there! Love the shoe/ring shot the most - that might also have something to do with every girl's love of designer shoes and diamonds!

  21. paige elizabeth // June 22, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

    Oh... sooooo... GORGEOUS!!!!!

  22. Amy // June 24, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

    one word: AMAZING.