Details: Southern Charm

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | , | 5 comments » | Share on Facebook

Nate makes fun of me all the time because although my head is normally up in the clouds, planning for something 5 years from now or talking about big dream goals and aspirations, sometimes my focus can be extremely narrow. (Nate would probably call it "painfully narrow".) I'll obsess over the fact that the shade of yellow is wrong on the DVD's we had printed and decide that we need to send them back and have them redone. I'll stand in the ribbon aisle for an hour trying to match the perfect packaging combinations. I'll work and rework designs for days, changing things by the teeniest bits until they are perfect. Yes, world, I am a perfectionist, and I can't relax until every detail is perfect. I like to serve tea in fine china cups just because I think it's prettier. I put brownies and cookies in our big glass cake plate even when no one is coming over just because I think it makes the table look better. I bought Nate a cheese platter for Christmas so he could serve our guests snacks on something other than an old plate. And oh Lord, you do not want to get in my path when I'm trying to set up for a party. Because I know that everything is in the details. All those tiny little things that make someone feel special or that dress up a house, or that fancy up an event, add up to one big picture. So much of life is in the details. I think that's why I have so much fun shooting weddings with a lot of details. Because brides, I totally get it! (And because it makes me feel less obsessive compulsive about my own life. HAHA!)

As promised, here are the rest of Traci's details. You can see how everything has so much of their personalities in it, from the rhinestone-embellished invitations to the table numbers featuring snapshots with their Labs, to the unique floral arrangements on each table, to the Florida State Seminole's beer pong groom's cake. The entire wedding with dripping with elegant yet relaxed southern charm. Take a look at all these details and be inspired. :)







5 comments

  1. Jamie Burnett // June 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

    Love all the details!

  2. Mel Watson // June 18, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

    love it! You were definitely in detail heaven! Bless that bride! ;)

  3. Deidre // June 18, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

    Wow - FANTASTIC details!

  4. Tira J // June 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

    These are unbelievable! Can we say, Magazine? You guys rock!

  5. tony // June 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

    WOW! love the detail. Keep up the great work.