Published: Professional Photographer Magazine

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 11 comments » | Share on Facebook

A few months ago I put together an inspiration board. For those of you who don't know what an inspiration board is, it's basically just a collage of things that inspire you. But even more than that, it's positive images of goals you have for yourself and your life. You display them somewhere that you'll look everyday, usually in a workspace. Mine is positioned on the wall right behind our desktop computer so whenever I sit down to work, it's the first thing I see. It's 20x30 and has cutouts from magazines, a few things I printed out myself, and some extras just because. If you subscribe to the views in the book The Secret then you would believe that by focusing brain power on these positive images, you will actually manifest them into being in your life by the law of attraction. I'll be honest, that philosophy sounds pretty cool to me even though I'm not too sure of it's validity. But, I do think there is something to be gained from positive thinking and focusing on your goals. Recently I asked my friends on facebook if they had inspiration boards and if they've seen anything come true in their lives from them. I was really excited to see that many people have seen things go from pictures on their boards to events in real life.

Becka, this all well and good by why are you babbling on and on about it?

I thought you may ask that. I'm talking about it because recently we've watched some things go from inspiration board to real life without even realizing it completely. They weren't even exact, established goals. They were more like ideas too bold to actually vocalize and yet, here they are as real life things.

We were published in Professional Photographer Magazine this month with a little blurb about our trash the prom dress sessions. Professional Photographer Magazine? WHHHHAAATTT? I know, right? Oh wait, it gets better. We're going to be in there again this fall! With a full feature.

Hold the phone, Becka... WHAT?

Yeah, I know. Crazy cool. Mind-blowing. Nate and I were literally sitting in awe for an hour while we were interviewed by the talented writer who will be turning all of our babbling into a story worth reading. I still can't really wrap my mind around it. And that's all I'm going to say about it until it comes out because I don't want to ginx anything... Here is our stuff from this month's issue. They used one of our photos for the contents page and then the little story with another photo is on page 22.

11 comments

  1. Tira J // June 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

    Congratulations! I was excited when I saw this! Now I am going to go back and read the article again. Have a great weekend!

  2. Anonymous // June 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

    Wahoo! Congratulations, that's awesome!

  3. Ava Grace Photography // June 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

    Congrats on the article! I saw it last week and was thrilled to see how far you guys have come!

  4. Anonymous // June 19, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

    congrats!!!

  5. Michelle Moore // June 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

    Super exciting!!! I can't wait to see it! :)

  6. Kelly LaBruyere // June 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

    Congratulations! I saw your article the other day and I'm so exited for you two!

  7. Rita // June 20, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

    Another HUGE congratulations from across the pacific! Can you hear my massive clapping from over there? :)

    I must try the inspiration board exercise. I need some of that positive energy flowing this way too.

    Rock on! Now I need to scout my Borders for a copy of the magazine :)

  8. Kim S. // June 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

    Congrats! I like how the article is on page 22 :)

  9. Anonymous // June 22, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

    Congrats guys!!!! How awesome!

  10. Colleen Donovan // June 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

    I saw that and I thought whoo hoo!! I loved the pics too. :)

  11. Carrie Nicole // June 24, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

    Many many many congrats to you. So well deserved, you guys rock!

    xo