in 1900 images or less...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 8 comments » | Share on Facebook

I'm sitting at home editing images from our May weddings to get them all ready for our lovely newlyweds (hey Traci, Lillian, Jayce, and Laura!) and watching the movie "He's Just Not That into You" (for the 2nd time today) on TV. I'm about 3/4 through it and I just came across a scene that made me stop and pay attention. It's the scene where Jennifer Aniston's character is taking care of her sick father after breaking up with her long time boyfriend. Her father is the only one in her family that really gets her and she is the only one in the house actually doing anything to help. Her brother-in-laws are all sitting on the sofa watching TV and goofing off and her sisters are emotional wrecks. She's handling the entire burden herself and is completely frazzled. She turns the corner to the kitchen and sees Ben Affleck (her ex-boyfriend) standing by the sink quietly washing dishes. He fumbles around the words telling her that he went to the store and got food for her dad, started doing some laundry and that everything is going to be okay. It's just one of those moments. It's the moment when he proves himself to her. It's the moment when she knows that he's her support. I loved it. Because I know that moment. I've had that moment. That moment when the man you are with proves he knows that sometimes real life requires him to be an adult and proves that he can be that rock for you. I had that moment with Nate. And I'll spare you all the details but I'll just say that deep down in the core of my being I knew that I had a partner. Not a partner like another person who hangs around a lot, a partner like someone who will share the weight with me. I won't be expected to do it all alone. I won't be allowed to do it all alone. He'll be shouldering it alongside me. And although I'd like to say, as a modern woman, that I don't need it-that I can do it on my own, I'll be honest and say that sometimes I can't. And most the time I don't want to. So I am beyond thankful.

Speaking of Nate, he put together this fun little video using just under 1900 images he took while walking all around the cruise ship that we were staying on last week. It was such a fantastic ship! And you'll see our gorgeous friends/travel buddies Eric & Katie scattered throughout the video. So... I present to you a tour of the gorgeous Enchantment of the Seas...


8 comments

  1. Anonymous // June 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

    i love the video, and the song, of course. nate is my music soulmate. dont be jealous. love, alli.

  2. Jules // June 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

    I love that!! Such a lovely way of presenting it too, and great song choice. I'm pretty sure the ship you went on should buy that video off you and have it on their website. If they don't, they're dumb.

  3. J. Castro Photography // June 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

    1900 images!!!??? That is sooooo cool! =)

  4. Erin Michelle Designs // June 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

    dang it you made me tear up a little

  5. Rachael Earl // June 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

    That is super cool, but I feel bad because I was secretly hoping he would trip and fall because he was looking into the camera the whole time...

  6. Kacy Jo // June 8, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

    Love it!! I've been wanting to do a stop-motion video but never get around to it... sooomeday :)

  7. tami // June 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

    i have such big tears in my eyes!

  8. Mrs. LC // June 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

    So exciting - I'm pretty sure the cruise Ross and I just booked for our anniversary is the same cruise y'all just went on!! Your pictures have made me crazy excited (and I'm pretty sure Royal Caribbean should buy some photos from you, because some of your shots of the cruise look WAY nicer than some of the boat pics they have!).