Sarah & Roger: Engagement Sneak Peak

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 11 comments » | Share on Facebook

Ocala | Florida

We got to meet Sarah and Roger this last weekend at their home in gorgeous Ocala (which takes much longer to drive to than google maps led us to believe, sorry guys) for their big red barn engagement session. Both Nate and I were excited because Sarah had made our lives easy by deciding on a theme for her portraits and even finding the perfect barn to shoot at! (Thanks Sarah's friend's neighbor!) Can I please, for a second, tell you all how much I LOVE having some sort of theme for these sessions? It doesn't have to be anything super detailed, even something as simple as a big red barn can give us such inspiration and can keep all the images cohesive. I am so in love with these frames from their session. It doesn't help that I'm listening to my "I love country" playlist while I edit these. Now I'm all nostalgic for horses, homemade cornbread, big open fields, and rugged old barns... le sigh....


Yeah, we know... "GQ called and they want Roger back" ;)


The good stuff...


I can't lie, I'm really excited about this one...


Sexy legs...


Oh FAVORITE! FAVORITE! FAVORITE!



I can't get Nate to listen to country music but I still sneak it while he's gone and I'm at home working.
And in case anyone is curious, here is my "I Love Country" Playlist, for your listening pleasure:

.Bad Things / Jace Everett (True Blood theme song, hello yum!)
.Nothin' Better to Do / LeAnn Rimes (Because I like the sassiness)
.Flat On the Floor / Carrie Underwood
.Last Name / Carrie Underwood (This one cracks me up)
.Down in Mississippi / Sugarland (A favorite since freshman year of college)
.Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy / Big & Rich (How can you not love this?)
.Honky Tonk Badonkadonk / Trace Adkins
.Boondocks / Little Big Town
.Kerosene / Miranda Lambert
.Rough & Ready / Trace Adkins
.Jacked Up / Gretchen Wilson
.Tim McGraw / Taylor Swift (I'll admit it, she tells good stories)
.Before He Cheats / Carrie Underwood
.Moments / Emerson Drive
.She's Everything / Brad Paisley (Swoonsauce)
.Want To / Sugarland
.Stay / Sugarland (Sugarland may be my favorite country band)
.Would You Go with Me / Josh Turner (His voice is like butter!)

11 comments

  1. Rachael Earl // July 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

    The one on the fence is sick!!! Great job per usual!

  2. Kat // July 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

    great pics :)

    love that country list! My appreciation for Josh Turner increases by the day.....and Sugarland is AWESOME....Little Big Town and Lady Antebellum are becoming awesome as well....

    and Ocala confuses me.....I have gotten way lost a LOT

  3. Zak // July 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

    Pure awesomeness! Keep on killin' it 222! :)

  4. AmandaSwanson // July 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

    You did a beautiful job of my lil sis and her soon-to-be hubby. I can't wait to see what the rest turn out like.

  5. Brianna Phelan // July 15, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

    Gorgeous shots (as always!)

  6. ohana photographers // July 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

    lurvin 3. 3 is the magic number... ;)

  7. Nicole-Lynn // July 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

    These turned out beautiful!

  8. Jen // July 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

    That fence shot is incredible....it begs to a be great BIG CANVAS!

  9. Unknown // July 20, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

    I LOOOOOOOOVE OUR PHOTOS!! There are no words to describe how awesome they are!!!! I've been showing everyone all week and dancing around!! I am so excited to see the rest! WOOOHOOO!

  10. Ashley HH // July 22, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

    I am in love with this shoot!!! I showed some friends the fence one because I am completely infatuated with it. They looked at me and said, "That is so you." haha, now we wait til I find that someone so you guys can shoot awesome pics of me and whoever he is! Keep it up!

  11. Anonymous // July 26, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

    Awwww! What a handsome couple! Congratulations, the pictures are very nice!
    Aunt Dee Dee