Custom Thank You cards from Mew Paper Arts!

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 14 comments » | Share on Facebook

"You're basically making a deal with the devil."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because you have to give up your life. But the good news is, you get a whole new one."


While I was editing today I was watching a show about Whitney from The Hills (I know, I know, but it's entertaining!) And she was interviewing for a position at People's Revolution. The job was a huge commitment and if she took the job it would change her life completely. After the interview, she had that short conversation I just wrote with the woman who runs the company. I smiled and looked up from editing. I feel like someone should have had that conversation with me when I launched our first site and made our business official. :) I don't feel like I made a deal with the devil or anything, but I just love the way she phrased the second part. So blunt. So honest. My life has transformed completely in this last year. I did have to give up my old one. But the good news is that I got a whole new one. And I really like this one.


Ok, enough babbling, onto today's GIVEAWAY!

Wow! Yesterday's turn out was amazing! It's going to be sad to have only one winner! I guess the rest of you will just have to add these goodies to your Christmas lists! ;)

Today, we're bringing it back stateside with a lovely giveaway from Mew Paper Arts!

I have been a huge fan of Alissa's for years now. A few years ago I stumbled across her shop and instantly fell in love with her unique, whimsical, and light-hearted designs. Her work is luxurious without being presuming and is completely unique. Once you take a look, you'll understand. I have loved so many of her designs through the years! She creates beautiful stationery for all occasions ranging from weddings and showers to holidays and just because, making her the last stationery designer you will ever need. To-be brides, look no further! Now everyone go take a minute to look through her shop and then come back here and read a little bit more about her.





Alissa was one of the first people that I contacted to get back to me and she was the friendliest, sweetest person to work with. She took a few minutes to let us know a little bit more about her so relax and join in on the conversation...

Name: Alissa Harvey

Location: Home studio in Danbury, CT

Shop name: Mew Paper Arts

What led you to starting your own Etsy shop? Truthfully I don't even remember how I heard about Etsy the first time--I think it was a random web search. When I started my shop in Feb, 2007 I was working full time in a real estate office--hating life! Slowly it started to grow until I was able to quit my day job in January of this year and now Mew Paper is a full time operation. I am no longer hating life!

What's your Starbucks order? I'm so lame--plain black tea with milk no sugar. And when I go to Starbucks I REFUSE to say Tall, Grande, Gigamante or any other such ridiculous name for a cup of tea. I order a SMALL black tea with milk no sugar. What a brat!

As far as weddings go, what is your favorite trend? Ohhh, weddings! I love weddings! I'm still enjoying the buzz from my own wedding back in April 2008. As an invitation designer I love for the stationery to be a real focal point--the invitation should be the sneak preview of what's to come...it should really make a statement. I also love to see the theme of the invitation carried through the entire evening with programs, place cards, menus, and table numbers. Also, off the paper subject, I love when the dress breaks tradition--just a bit!

Other than your own, what are your two favorite Etsy shops? That's a tough call--only 2!!! My very first etsy purchase was at www.sirenjewels.etsy.com and I've returned several times since then. I also have been admiring the quirky fun pendants at www.tulipstokiss.etsy.com for quite a while--perhaps this Christmas I'll treat myself!




To enter this contest (for the notecards shown in the image above)
1. Head over to Mew Paper Arts and look through her designs
2. Tell me which one is the most unique/creative/funny/gorgeous
3. Tell me in a comment, include your email address
4. At the end of the week, a number will be chosen at random and the corresponding comment will win the Thank You cards!

14 comments

  1. Diana Marie Events // December 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

    OMG! I absolutely fell in love with more designs than I can count!! I have quite a few favorites, but I the three that stand out in my mind right now are the Cherry Blossom Parasols, Hydrangea Blossom, and Namaste! I can even see myself putting some of the onesies on my boys! All are so classy, fresh and yet elegant!! (DMFMartin@gmail.com)

  2. Anonymous // December 11, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

    my favorite is poor rudolph. it's christmas and just so cute and i LOVE his big sad red nose!

  3. Anonymous // December 11, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

    Haha! Yay, this was so fun to read! Thanks so much for the bloggy love! Hope all your giveaways are a big success!

    Alissa

  4. Ben and Amy // December 11, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

    I love the "sprig" notecards...simple and chic! Super cute!

  5. Unknown // December 11, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

    These are so cute! I'm definitely going to look at her shop for wedding stuff...I also love being able to learn more about the company/ person. (laekelley@gmail.com)

  6. Leah Yvonne // December 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

    Hello, again! What a fun week....
    I really like the Bluebird of Happiness notecards. I miss the days when notes were sent via mail, the fun of finding a treat from a friend in the mailbox, etc. Something about the birds on the wire is reminiscent of childhood days passing notes folded into the shape of t-shirts, or flowers, talking to each other on cans connected by string, and sharing secrets with a best friend.
    -Leah
    mythreesons11@gmail.com

  7. Leah Yvonne // December 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

    Ok, I will also need the Coral and Turquoise note cards to go with the Coral purse I loved yesterday :)
    -Leah
    mythreesons11@gmail.com

  8. Deb // December 11, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

    Hands down the Ice Ice Baby cards. Perfect for this time of year (for me anyways). Thanks for introducing me to another wonderful etsy vendor.

    deb@debthompsonphotography.com

  9. Anonymous // December 11, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

    I'm pretty sure my favorite stationary was of the "medium-sized mermaid". I looked at it and was immediately reminded of times when my best friend used to tie our feet together and go swimming b/c that obviously made us mermaids. It wasn't the safest of games, but hey, we felt glamorous. (ashleylaureng03@yahoo.com)

  10. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // December 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

    my favorite is poor rudolph. it's christmas and just so cute and i LOVE his big sad red nose!

    david@sdohana.com

  11. Unknown // December 12, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

    I LOVE the Tiny Royalty Birth Announcements! I'm not planning on having any babies for a long time but when I do, these announcements will be perfect! They really make it seem like the baby is royalty :) so cute!

    -Mich Bilyeu
    (Michellebilyeu@gmail.com

  12. Mary Marantz // December 13, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

    there is a place in Boston called Kick @ss Cupcakes that has a mojito cupcake....AMAZING!!!

    mmmm great, now I want a cupcake!! :)

  13. Anonymous // December 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

    Bluebird of Happiness! They're so versatile, and although the competition was tough, they won out for "most cute"!

  14. Anonymous // December 14, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

    I totally forgot my email: rachael@earlphotography.info : )