Doing Double Duty

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | , , | 2 comments » | Share on Facebook

SANFORD & ORLANDO, FL

Day one of enjoying the journey.

If there was ever a day for me to start really focussing on enjoying each day, today was the perfect opportunity. We had two sessions scheduled back to back pretty much taking up our entire day and they were on opposite sides of town. We got lost on the way to the first one. (Apparently google maps and the universe ganged up on me today to put my resolution to the test.) But I didn't let it bring me down. The journey is the journey, even if you have to take a few detours (both literally and metaphorically).

When we arrived at Anthony and Bristin's adorable home we were more than excited to begin our session with the two of them. Bristin had gotten her hair and makeup done and looked simply gorgeous. I had to ask her twice when she was due because I just could not believe that this radiating beauty standing in front of me was already 8 months into her pregnancy! She and Anthony gave us so much to work with during their couples shots and while the boys bonded over computer games downstairs, Bristin and I got down to business upstairs with a classy boudoir-esque mini session. Yes, you heard me right. A maternity boudoir session! And it was gorgeous! As we looked though the nursery closet, Bristin pulled out a Burberry onesie and my biological clock had a spasm so loud I was sure Nate would hear it downstairs. Did any of you know that Burberry makes baby clothes?! I'm in love!

Here are my two favorite images from their session. Don't they just make your heart flutter?







After saying goodbyes to our new friends we headed to photo shoot number two for Susie and her daughter Abbi. There is really no point in me gushing over how striking these two lovely ladies are. You can see for yourself. They laughed, poked each other, joked around, and pretty much worked it for our cameras all afternoon and I am so excited with all the beautiful images that they will have to pick from for their Christmas cards. Ladies, I'm warning you, it will not be an easy task! There is just something magical about the relationships shared by mothers and daughters. Every now and then we would catch Susie glancing at her daughter with eyes full of love and pride. It's in those little moments that we are inspired more than you can ever know.

Here are our favorites from their session...







2 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

    I love both sessions!! The mom to be is so gorgeous! I can't believe she's 8 months along!?

    Did I read that wrong? Is your second session a mother/daughter session? I thought they were best friends or sisters.

    Again, gorgeous work!!!

  2. Anonymous // December 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

    Wow!!!!! Again, you are a wonder......