Carl & Lillian: Engaged Part 2

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 7 comments » | Share on Facebook

ORLANDO | FLORIDA

It was a little surreal being back at the Rosen Campus. That campus is, without a doubt, the most beautiful college campus I've ever seen. It looks more like a luxury resort than a college. Everything is pristine. Everything is state-of-the art. The last time I was there, I was carrying books and a laptop instead of a camera and a bag full of lenses. The last time I was there I was working toward a degree that had nothing to do with photography. The last time I was there I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. If you would have come up to me and said, "Hey, you'll be coming back here in 2 years to shoot an engagement session for a couple who hired you to photograph their wedding. They'll be one of many couples whom you will do this for. And you'll be doing it for a business that you own and run." I would have immediately laughed in your face, said, "Yeah right. I wish!" and told you that you needed to go take advantage of the free psych counseling back on main campus. So sitting by the big fountain in the courtyard with professional camera gear, a talented (and handsome) partner, and a ridiculously exciting business was a bit surreal.

Carl & Lillian's engagement session is a record for this blog. I don't think I've ever posted this many images from a single engagement session yet. But I can't help it. I just love too many of them! Carl and Lillian are simply too cute. (Check out how well dressed they are!) And were such naturals in front of our cameras. When we first started shooting, Lillian was nervously laughing as she told us that she didn't know what to do. It only took a few camera clicks (and forcing them to make out in front of us) for the two of them to let their true personalities and love for each other show. (Funny how publicly making out helps that happen. Be prepared people! We will make you kiss!) And from then on we got to document what makes these two so perfect for each other. We got to capture the smirks, the nose-kisses, the belly laughs, and the little glances that only two people who are destined to be together can share.

We are so excited to shoot their wedding next month! Let the official wedding countdown begin...




I'm not quite sure why, but I just LOVE these next two...






I LOVE how the soft, minty colors compliment the tender moments in this next series...








"I forgot I was being photographed" moments of laughter like this are the best!




Whatchu doin?


Check out these super hot Gianni Bini heels Lillian rocked...







7 comments

  1. robin // April 14, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

    Oh, these are wonderful! Love the last one and then there is one in the middle... part of the series and she is kind of laughing into his chest. I love that one too. She looks so loved.

  2. Dennis Bullock // April 14, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

    What a great session and couple!

  3. Anna Lynch McClary // April 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

    These are great! I love, love, love the laughing shot and the heel shot.

  4. A.M. // April 15, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

    The one were they are laughing is SO great!

  5. Zak Schwank // April 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

    Such a cute couple...and I really love the laughing one...such a "real" moment. Great work! :)

  6. Anonymous // April 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

    What a fantastic job...that you got Lillian to relax in front of the camera...Can't wait to see the wedding shots.Well done. Auntie N

  7. Bobby Earle // April 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

    Great set!