PDN Magazine Top Knots 2009

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 17 comments » | Share on Facebook

I became a list maker because of my friend Megan. She loves lists. In middle school we would read Seventeen magazine and take all the quizes, jotting down our answers alongside doodles on scraps of notebook paper. We made lists about boys, we wrote a best-selling novela (at least we thought it could become one, one day) and made annual lists of resolutions. Megan instilled in me a love of list making (and color coding) and that has remained with me through all these years. (Seriously, look at my iCal. It's a spectrum of color coded craziness.)

In the beginning of January I decided to make a list- a 101 in 1001 list. It's like new year's resolutions, except you have 2 3/4 years to finish it. And instead of resolutions, they are goals. I think the whole thing has a much more positive vibe and since positivity is something that I am trying to cultivate daily, I figured that this would be a great way to start. Since I made the list, I've crossed 18 items off and this week, I got to cross off one more. A big one:
#64. "Have a wedding image featured in print."

Booyah!



We entered an image in Photo District News' Top Knots 2009 Contest and it was chosen as a finalist which means that it was printed in this month's edition of the magazine. I cannot even express how excited we are to have been given this huge honor. We are so blessed and thrilled and excited and in awe and all, "Break open the bubbly babycakes!" Thank you to Lisa, the bride in the photo for being so ridiculously fun and trusting of us as we explained our idea for this shot. And lastly, to make sure that credit is given where it is deserved, Nate is the one that snapped this photo even though the magazine printed my name instead of our studio name when I submitted it. So everyone tell Nate how much he rocks. ;)

17 comments

  1. rachel elizabeth // April 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

    guys, thats so incredible!! i absolutely LOVE that shot. so proud of you both! here's to bigger and better things in the rest of 2009!!

  2. CanvasRox // April 17, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

    Becka and Nate - this is WICKED AWESOME!!! First off - what an inspiration - to make goals like that - and now to achieve being published. WOOHOOTY!

  3. Anonymous // April 18, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

    Congrats guys!!! What a great accomplishment! :)

  4. robin // April 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

    CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting (for both of you)!!

  5. OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS // April 18, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

    ummm...yes TOTALLY loved that shot guys!!

  6. Jeannie // April 19, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

    So cool! Congrats.

  7. Rita // April 19, 2009 at 2:11 AM  

    Congratulations! Your work is amazing. You are so deserving of this!

  8. Stefanie Warren // April 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

    I love it! And I love it more because it was from your first wedding ever... And you only know there will be more to come.

  9. Telgenhoff Photographers // April 19, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

    This is totally awesome! Congrats and is is certainly deserved with all of your beautiful work!

  10. Sara Montour // April 19, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

    Congrats!

    I started my 101 in 1001 list a few months ago and you've inspired me to finish it and get rockin'!

  11. gina&tony // April 19, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

    congratulations!! that is super awesome. what a great shot to have published!

  12. Wayne Toshikazu // April 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

    Seriously awesome. Congrats! :)

  13. Kelly LaBruyere // April 20, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

    Congrats!! That's so exciting!

  14. Ashley // April 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

    how did i not comment on this? i thought i did. ah. anyway, AMAZING. huge deal! I'm so excited and proud to say, "hey i read their blog!! I totally i know them!" ;)

    congrats!!!

  15. Lisa Sears // April 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

    Two words...

    Whoot...Whoot!

  16. Frank DiMeo // April 24, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

    Congratulations!
    You guys are doing great work!

  17. Crystal // April 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

    Yeah!! Lisa's my friend! What a hot bride she was! Congrats on the sweet recognition!