Hello Honda...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 14 comments » | Share on Facebook

It's been rainier this week than it has been all year. So it only makes sense that this is the week Nate and I would decide to go motorcycle shopping, buy one, and then stare at it because we can't actually ride it around anywhere.

Nate grew up riding dirtbikes and motorcycles, reading motorcycle magazines and memorizing specs. Back in the early nineties, one of the more popular bikes in the pages of the magazines was the Honda CBR 600 F2. So when he saw one for sale for a steal on Craigslist, he told me we had to jump on it.

After sharing one automobile for the last year, we were both excited by the possibility of both being independently mobile and the price couldn't be beat so we drove across town in the rain to meet the seller. The bike was in great shape for it's age and ran extremely well. Other than a few scratches and quirks it was perfect for us so we transferred the title and bought a tag that afternoon. Nate and I went for a short spin on it during a break in the rain yesterday. It's pretty sweet! Now maybe he can surprise me with things like flowers and candy when he comes home since I won't be in the car with him to ruin it. ;)





14 comments

  1. lynn // May 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

    Congrats! I saw Nate's twitter post yesterday and I was tempted to remind him to add "helmets. check." to the list. I know it's not the law in FL, but it should be!

    I met Andy because of my vespa. It's really time for us to renew our insurance and get her out on the road. I miss riding.

  2. Studio222 Photography // May 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

    @lynn I would LOVE a vespa! :) You should definitely get back out there. You should do a photo shoot on them too. How cute!

  3. Anonymous // May 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

    Wow... Love it!!!! Have fun....

  4. Rachael Earl // May 20, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

    Nate looks tall on that bike. To which Nate would reply, "Tall meaning good looking?"

  5. Studio222 Photography // May 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

    @RachaelEarl Well done :)

  6. tami // May 20, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

    nate + bike = hottie. that's all i'm sayin.....

  7. Studio222 Photography // May 20, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

    LOL...he's gonna love that Tami

  8. Andhari // May 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

    Awesome bikes. I always wanna ride bikes but I dont do it often. I usually just ask some guy friends to let me ride too lol

  9. Tim Co. // May 20, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

    Badass! :-)

  10. Studio222 Photography // May 21, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

    WHHHAAATTT? Timco posted a comment on our blog?!?!?! ;)

  11. ohana photographers // May 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

    sweeet!!! i want a bike (vespa) i will have a vespa, oh yes it will be mine, it will be mine.

  12. Jared Fager // May 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

    Throw a Yosh' on that thing!

  13. Studio222 Photography // May 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

    @andhari It's so much fun! I think I want him to teach me how to drive it :)

  14. Zak // May 22, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

    Very Cool! I'm such a scardy cat when it comes to motorcycles...now a Vespa may be more my speed. Rock on Nate!