Jon & Katie: A Jacksonville Engagement

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 12 comments » | Share on Facebook

JACKSONVILLE | FLORIDA


We met Katie and Jon through our fabulous friend, Matilda. And Nate met Matilda through classes in college. And I met Nate through college. And we both met our college randomly because it was in our state and you can get some pretty great scholarships for going to school in state. And I started making A's back in elementary school. So... you can see that the chain of events leading to this engagement session started very long ago and the Universe has been aligning things for decades to have brought us all together on that (slightly stormy) Sunday to work some photography magic.

We shot for the afternoon all around Jacksonville from Atlantic Beach (where Jon serves as a Police Officer) to downtown (where they will be having their wedding reception in August). We had to keep moving to dodge the looming thunderstorms that were following us around town but we made it, and the rain made for some pretty great clouds and puddles for us to work with. This was our first time shooting in Jacksonville and let me just say that we can't wait to go back because we were like kids in a shiny new candy store!

We tried some new things at this session and I tried even more new things while editing these images. I hope you love them as much as I do. Seriously, I've had these 10 images spread out across the screen of our iMac for the last 10 minutes just staring at them, because I'm in love. And apparently too proud of myself. ;)

Enjoy...






I just looooovvvveee this one...


Groom-to-be's request. This is one of their favorite local spots to hang out:
(Inside the tavern that is, not out by the sign obviously...)






My view:


Nate's view:


My view:


Nate's view:

I think he deserves some sort of award for this one. :)
(ps. because some people asked: those are bullets because he's a police officer)

12 comments

  1. Jules // June 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

    Photo envy! I blogged about your blog. Couldn't help myself.

  2. amber - smitten // June 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

    rock on guys! these are super fab. love that ring shot!!

  3. robin cornett // June 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

    Y'all just rock. Love the two views on both, and although it took me a minute to figure out the ring shot, I would agree with you. And bonus points for creatively making it personal!

  4. Anonymous // June 8, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

    Wow... GREAt!!! Love the ring shot Nate!!!! They are wonderful.... Momma

  5. Anonymous // June 8, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

    That ring/bullet photo is AWESOME! Great shot, Nate!

  6. Lauren K // June 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

    B-E-A-Utiful!!! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! :) :) :)

  7. Lisette Price Photography // June 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

    Love #3 and that ring shot. What a great idea!

  8. Unknown // June 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

    Oh My God!! You are awesome!! My mom and I are standing her DYING for more... Can't wait! Looooovvveee that one on the beach with the kiss...

  9. Anonymous // June 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

    Love them! They turned out great!!

  10. Mary Marantz // June 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

    what a beautiful couple!! love these!!

  11. Dennis Bullock // June 10, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

    These are great! I love the muted tones.

  12. Jen // June 12, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

    Love the toning on these! Beautiful images. That ring shot is freakin' aweseome!