Du Jour...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 AM | | 9 comments » | Share on Facebook


photo du jour, a nod to the oh so talented Jeff Newsom


In leu of Five Senses Friday, I thought I'd sing you the ABC's instead....

A - Age: I'm 24. Nate is 26. I've decided that I'm going to have a big birthday party this year (quarterlife crisis and all). And rum cake. Definitely rum cake.
B - Bed size: Queen. One day I'd love to upgrade but right now buying a new mattress is low on the priority list. (Directly under file receipts and go to the dentist.)
C - Chore you hate: We both hate vacuuming. Which is handy since we just moved into a condo with zero carpet. Victory dance!
D - Dog's name: Between the condo association's rules and our busy schedule, we just can't swing it right now.
E - Essential start your day item: Coffee with delicious creamer. My favorite is the Belgium Chocolate Tofee. Nate likes Vanilla.
F - Favorite color(s): Right now I'm loving jewel tones and neutral earthy colors. Nate loves royal blue.
G - Gold or Silver: Neither of us wear a lot of jewelry.
H - Height: I'm 5'3 and Nate is 6'2.
I - Instruments you play: Nate is an amazing drummer. Melt-your-face-off-amazing. Not even kidding.
J - Job title: CEO ;)
K - Kitchen wish list: A magnetic knife strip. Those are fancy.
L - Living arrangements: Currently in a small condo in downtown Orlando.
M - Moment you'll never forget: Nate stealth-proposing on our cruise ;)
N - Nicknames: I just realized that I haven't called Nate by his old nickname in about a year. What happened to that?
O - Overnight hospital stay: I've never been in the hospital *knock on wood like 15 times*
P - Pet Peeve(s): Double standards. Can't even stand em. Oh and passive aggression, seriously just tell us what's wrong.
Q - Quote: "When life hands you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." That was my daily mantra for over a year! I still love it.
R - Right or left handed: Right.
S - Siblings: Me-None Nate- 1 sister
T - Time you wake up: Too early because Nate sets his alarm to go off every 15 minutes starting an hour and a half before he actually needs to be up. (See the coffee response listed above)
U - Underwear: Under there!
V - Vegetable you dislike: Okra. Nate hates green beans. Even though I make the most AMAZING green bean casserole, he refuses to eat it. Seriously people, it's divine.
W - Workout style: Running, wii fit, yoga
X - X-rays you've had: Teeth? I don't know about Nate. Does that make me a bad fiance?
Y - Yesterday's best moment: Nate cleaned the kitchen (which was a war zone) and made us both the most delicious pasta dinner ever. There was a picture on twitter.
Z - Zoo favorite(s): We both love animal watching. And taking our cameras! Zoo date anyone?


Love and FRIDAYS,
Becka & Nate

9 comments

  1. Stephanie Combs // July 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

    Since Nate won't eat the green bean casserole, feel free to call me whenever you want it make it and someone to eat it with no leftovers, it's by far my favorite :)

  2. Carrie Nicole // July 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

    So cute! Have a great weekend :) xox

  3. Liene Stevens // July 24, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

    I personally prefer, "when life hands you lemons, just add vodka". :)

  4. Amy S // July 24, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

    Love the iphone shot. Ya'll rock my world.

  5. Jamie Burnett // July 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

    Ughhhh... Green beans are my FAV!!! I will eat that for you, and I LOVE this idea, I may have to borrow your ABC's! :)

  6. Telgenhoff Photographers // July 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM  

    I love phone photo shots, but this one is absolutely great!

  7. ohana photographers // July 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

    loove Q. T is totally me, drives kim nuts!

  8. Lindsey // July 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

    Why do you two have to be so freaking cool and fun? Uber image, by the way!

  9. Children of the 90s // July 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

    That picture is too cool.