Gorgeous Custom StationERY (remember "e" for "eyecandy")

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 4 comments » | Share on Facebook

If weddings were Anthropologie, the stationery would be the window displays. And we all know how good those are.There are so many styles out there right now and I thought I'd share three of the most popular with you today from some talented friends of mine...


(images from the artists, clockwise from top: Anna @ Rifle Weddings & Events, Sarah & Lisa @ Orange Blossom Ink, Laura @ Immeasurablymor)


The first (we'll start at the top and work our way around) is a hand painted style. Anna Bond of Rifle Design creates these exquisite masterpieces by hand, crafting whimsical scenes customized for the bride and groom. I am head over heels in love with everything she does. I love the style, the storytelling, the romance of it all. Le swoon.

Second is a more modern, but still custom, look. This set was designed by the ultra-talented team at Orange Blossom Ink. I adore the arrangement of words in this invitation and the pop of color in the envelopes. I love when graphic designers create intricate designs just by the arranging of words and I think this is a perfect example of something chic, modern, and fun.

The bottom design was sent to me from one of our oh-so-fabulous upcoming brides, Emily. It's a perfect example of another popular style which is to include your engagement images in your stationery. Emily had her "Save The Date" cards designed using the images from her downtown engagement session. Laura from Immeasurablymore did a great job of incorporating Emily's wedding colors and the historical feel of the wedding location into these.

Now I need to get to dreaming up an idea for Nate's and my stationery. Do I even need one if our wedding is going to be out of the country? Maybe I'll make one for our party when we get back. Give me some ideas people! And go check out those amazingly talented artists' sites!

Want more? Here are two more of my favorite graphic artists currently designing for weddings and other events (that means you baby shower, baby announcement, bridal shower, bachelorette party, etc...)
. Mew Paper Arts
. Ashley Brooke Designs


Love and eye-candy,
Becka & Nate

4 comments

  1. Janaye Marcil // July 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

    I'm a graphic designer too and I'm starting to do stationary design for events as well. Haven't put any on my website yet but I plan on updating my galleries when I finish redesigning my website.

  2. Sarah Matthews // July 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

    Thank you for the kind words! Love the other featured designers as well. I cannot get enough of Anna's illustrations....delicious!

  3. Anonymous // July 24, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

    OOOO... I love that first invite! So pretty!

  4. Anonymous // July 27, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

    Thanks for the mention--nice to be featured amongst these fabulous designers!