Five Senses Friday...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 4 comments » | Share on Facebook

It's been a busy busy week. A really fantastic week, but really busy. I cannot believe how much we've done since this time last week. We've moved, met with a bunch of clients, booked some new brides (hi new friends!), finished editing a few weddings and portrait sessions, designed and ordered all our new marketing materials (they're so fun!), sent out our July newsletter, and decorated. The condo is finally coming together and although we still don't have much bedroom furniture (asian inspired, perhaps?) the rest of the place is looking pretty sweet. Now it's time for me to be signing off for the weekend. I've got to finish a wedding (or two), paint and clean the old condo, burn a bunch of discs, and then finish decorating and getting ready for 4th of July! I love this idea from the ever-inspiring Modish blog (did I mention my addiction to interior design blogs? Don't judge me.) She did this Five Senses Friday on her blog and I loved the idea. So, I thought I'd give it a whirl too. She asks others to participate so feel welcome to do your own Five Senses Friday. :)

tasting:
the most delicious lemonade in the world (it may only be so delicious because I'm so thirsty)
and perhaps a bite (or five) of cruelty-free cookie dough

seeing:
photos, photos, and more photos as I catch up on all of our post processing
a single silvery hair? what?! whhhhaaattttt?????
a house finally coming together, but needing some cool garage sale finds!
an old friend for coffee

hearing:
the electronic screwdriver- a girl's best friend. Hanging things on the wall is a breeze!
Kings of Leon, Nate's new favorite thing to listen to, all the time
a domestic dispute next door- that lady is not happy.

touching:
the smooth steel of a Chef's knife (our new kitchen has re-ignited my love of cooking)
the bubbly fabric of our new throw blanket (thank ikea) while I edit wedding photos
the soft microfiber arm chair while I move it around the living room 4 times before settling on an arrangement

smelling:
Oh so sweet Baltic Amber (aka "Anthropologie candle", no I won't shut up about it.)
the smell of our old condo on our clothes as we organize the closet
Spicy ramen noodles from the asian market for lunch

Have a fabulous fourth of July weekend! See ya'll on Monday. :)
Since the kitchen is the only room that's finished, here's a little look:



Thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to take out quick one-question poll. I am so excited by the answers coming in because it looks as if you guys are wanting exactly what I was wanting to give. This is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship! If you haven't taken the poll yet, please take a second to let us know what you'd like to see more of here on the blog.

4 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

    the kitchen looks gorgeous lil mama. -alli

  2. Amy Starks [Starks Photography] // July 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

    I love this 5 senses idea! I may have to jack it to try it out on our blog! ;) The kitchen looks fabulous!

  3. Brianna Phelan // July 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

    Love this idea - very cool :)

  4. MichBilyeu // July 6, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

    mmm love those white cabinets! looks great :)