On Good Things...

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 AM | | 6 comments » | Share on Facebook

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic Independence Day weekend. Yesterday Nate told me that the 4th of July was becoming his favorite holiday. (I still hold on to Christmas as the reining all-time champion of holidays.) But it did get me thinking about the little things that make life more fun so I thought I'd go all Martha Stewart on you this Monday with a list of "Good Things"...

. Sundried Tomato Basil Pasta. Believe me, it's a very good thing! This was soooo easy to make, and so delicious! But don't skimp on the fresh basil. Seriously, it makes the whole recipe. Oh and I added a bit of crushed red pepper to the sauce. That was a good thing too.

. This Young House. I got so much inspiration for our condo from this blog. This (super talented) young couple bought an old house and completely transformed it into something that has gotten them national publicity from magazines and design shows. Check out the House Tour for photos of the finished interior. It's a really good thing!

. Nate suggested Tom Clancy's Hawk. The new XBox 360 fighter pilot game with "ridiculous graphics". So apparently, the graphics are a good thing. ;)

."Maries Cosy Cusions" on Etsy. I just picked up these beauties for our bedroom. Buying handmade, it's a good thing.

. A new favorite of mine is Pacing the Panic Room. It's a blog written by a husband chronicling his wife's 2nd pregnancy. He's a talented photographer so the images are amazing and his writing voice is absolutely hilarious. Reading baby blogs all day? It's a good thing. (Don't judge me- I'll be super prepared when that day comes for us...in the future.)


Nate and I celebrated by finishing up the condo (yes, it's officially done and decorated!) and having a small condo-warming get together with a few friends. We live right on the south side of downtown Orlando which means that we are lucky enough to be within walking distance of Lake Eola. Which is, if you don't live in Orlando and already know, the location of many city festivals including the annual Orlando fireworks display. And being able to walk down there sure beats battling the crowds in a caravan of cars! And, just to let everyone know, my twittered-about pasta salad was a HUGE success!


Hanging by the food ;)




Wonder if there is a 222 Robinson Street? That would be the perfect place to live:


Nate and I love these ones that explode with stuff in the middle:


FAVORITE: Progression of a firework...


6 comments

  1. Amy S // July 6, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

    That last firework shot is AMAZING! You should send it to National Geographic!

  2. Janaye // July 6, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

    Holy crap! How did you get such good pics of fireworks? lol. I apparently suck at it but I've never had an SLR to do it with before so this was my first time. Yours are AMAZING... o.o

  3. Studio222 Photography // July 6, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

    Thanks guys! And Janaye...keep practicing, you'll get there!

  4. Zak Schwank // July 7, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

    Good times! I'm with Nate...love Independence Day! :)

  5. Jamie Burnett // July 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

    Don't ya just love fireworks?!?!?! Great pics girl! :)

  6. Jamie Burnett Photography // July 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

    Don't ya just live fireworks!!! Great pics!