Welcome to our home!

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | | 22 comments » | Share on Facebook

As per request, we're cordially inviting you to take a tour of our humble little corner of the world. I love (read: have an unhealthy addiction to) interior design shows and blogs and I always love the photos of the finished rooms. The "afters" if you will. And I love how perfectly livable everything seems to look, how uncluttered it is, and how the entire thing is like one big work of art. So, when we decided (on the spur of the moment) to move into this new place, I was so excited to have a blank canvas to work with. Our old condo, although a wonderful place, was so small with so little storage that it was constantly cluttered. And I'm such a visual person that I have the hardest time focusing in a place that is cluttered. Nate graciously allowed me to make all the decorating decisions when we moved here so I really got to have fun. The bedroom is the only thing that isn't finished because we're searching out the perfect bed to match Nate's antique dresser and chest so you'll have to wait on seeing that until we find the missing piece. On Saturday, right after we finished moving, unpacking, organizing, and decorating, I was able to get a few photos of the our place and some of our favorite details to share with everyone. We are both so excited about how it all turned out. We both keep joking about how grown up we feel now. I hope it inspires you to have fun with your own space! And for all of our out of state family and friends, grab a cup of coffee and pretend you're here with us!



The living room was pretty much designed based on our curtains. You can't see it really but they have a subtle graphic leaf design. It's just an outline and we loved the simplicity of it. We carried it over into the rug, the lampshade, and the throw pillows which all have graphic designs with interesting line patterns. Since drumming is one of Nate's passions we added his red jimbay for a bit of color and a vase filled with old drumsticks.



We both fell in love with a silver lamp that was way out of our budget. I found this little guy at Urban Outfitters on sale for nine dollars and we topped it off with a shade from Target. Voila!! I bought Nate those Scrabble coasters from an artist on Etsy because it is his favorite board game and he's unimaginably good at it. And last but not least, my beloved Anthropologie candle. Best purchase ever!



A bubbly throw blanket from Ikea added the perfect bit of texture to the overall smooth feel of the furniture. Plus, it's ridiculously comfortable. Thank God for Ikea!



Since Nate and I are big movie night fans, we wanted a way to display our collection that wasn't cluttered or an afterthought. We found these Lerberg Shelves at Ikea and decided to turn our DVD collection into a makeshift art installation.



This is a photo that Nate took on our trip to New York City last March. Both of us had such an amazing time that I decided to have this image turned into a canvas as a surprise for him. We decided to hang it right over the TV so that it would be a focal piece in the room and always remind us of the fun we had.



Here is our little dining room. We hardly ever actually eat at the table so its more for show than anything else. (Or to use like a buffet when we entertain.) The faux-brick wall is one of our favorite things about this place. The bricks are actually hand carved into the wall and then hand painted. The painting in the corner is a piece by Emile Bellet called D'or et de Reve and the rug was another score from Urban Outfitters for twenty bucks!



Ikea wine racks decorate the left wall. And no, we aren't huge Yellow Tail fans, they just happened to be on sale at the store the other day.



This plate is a tradition in Nate's family. Every year he would get to eat off of it on his birthday and other special occasions. I got my first turn on the plate last year for my birthday. We found the matching mug this year and added it to the collection. Celebratory ice cream anyone? Yes, I think so.



You already saw the kitchen but I had to add this shot because Nate and I love to cook together! That cookbook on display is the absolute best baking cookbook out there! The writers tested every recipe for every dessert and then picked the best one and wrote about why it's the best. It's insane. And no, we're not vegans, but I do like to bake vegan when I can. Keeps the goodies lower in calories anyway. ;)



A few months ago I found a photo of a purple bathroom online and told Nate that I really wanted a purple bathroom one day. Well that day has arrived!



I think our bathroom is Nate's favorite room in the house. It's the first thing he shows people when they visit. :)



Studio222 Photography headquarters. I love having an actual office to myself! I feel much more productive. And everything is so much more organized now than it's ever been! Excuse our mass of hard drive cords. We have yet to organize them all. If anyone has a great system for that, please share it with us because it's kind of crazy over there right now.



This art piece is on top of the bookshelf. I ordered it about a year ago from My Little Underground. I am still completely in love with it. It's so creative! And it's a happy reminder every day to aspire to greatness on our own accord. Plus, did I mention... we're macs.



This is our little canvas. It's 8x10 and it's the one we bring to our client meetings so clients can see and feel how amazing these things are. If you are a client who hasn't seen one of our canvases in person, you are more than welcome to stop by anytime! The little easel is from ikea. I love ikea.



This little guy sits on the corner of our desk to welcome visitors with some of our business cards. These are our old cards because we just got our new ones in yesterday and I haven't taken any pictures of them yet. I'm a busy woman. ;)



Last but not least is our tiny little pepper garden on our patio. I surprised Nate with a baby habanero plant last year because he has a ridiculous tolerance for spicy food and loves to add habanero peppers to jars of pickles. Just this summer it started to produce little peppers. I'm not what you would call a "green thumb" so this is a huge accomplishment.




I hope you enjoyed the tour! Thanks for all the sweet emails and comments everyone has sent us from the few snapshots we posted during our move. Your kindness keeps me going on days when I'm about to fall over from exhaustion! What's your favorite room in your house, and why? And what's your favorite little design element you've added?

22 comments

  1. Kacy Kizer // July 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

    Ugh I hate you right now, we moved the same day as you yet our house is still a bunch of boxes :( Someday it will be all cute-like, someday!

    The place looks awesome, I LOVE that brick wall and the sinks! I might have to order those mac prints, too good to pass up :)

  2. ohana photographers // July 7, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

    house looks awesome guys!! congrats!!!

  3. Leslie Roark // July 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

    No joke.. I will pay you to come decorate my house!!! :)

  4. Leslie Roark // July 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

    BTW.. It looks AMAZING!

  5. robin cornett // July 7, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

    It looks fabulous, you guys!!! And I was so excited to see the Cook's book right there on top of the pile. We have ten years of the magazines archived in notebooks, plus 4-5 of their books. Love love love them all. The new place looks wonderful!

  6. Matilda Anderson // July 7, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

    I LOVE the new place! It looks absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats! :)

  7. Amy S // July 7, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

    Seriously? You guys are magical...how on earth did you do all that so quickly? Come decorate my house!!!!

    And I love all the little details. I'm going to have to go check out my little underground!

  8. Melanie Watson // July 7, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

    How cute is your place!!!! What an adorable condo... seriously. I love the exposed brick, all the natural light and the great bathroom fixtures. Kudos for getting everything settled so quickly too. I'm still on the hunt for a new couch and we moved in March! haha. Its priority #2 after we get home from TN. PS: we totally have way too many similar (or the same) things. The world might explode when we do get together. I too had a serious HGTV/interior decorating addiction when we had our house in Nashville. Its subsided some now that we are renting again but I can't be trusted in Home Goods or Ikea alone.

  9. Michelle Guzman // July 7, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

    Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I love it. It looks awesome!!!!

  10. Mel McLellan // July 7, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

    Looks fabulous! So modern and yet so cozy! :)

  11. Mrs. LC // July 7, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

    Love it! We'll be moving soon and I am trying to kind of "re-do" our decor/ furniture a little bit, because we're going from a 2 bed to a 1 bed apt. Love the beautiful simplicity of your home though! (And love those bathrooms!)

  12. lynn // July 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

    Cute! Good work Becka! Andy and I just looked over this post together....he was trying to count the hard drives in your office and I was scouring the pictures for IKEA finds. That wire shelf behind your desk was something we were thinking about picking up. Do you like it?

  13. Brianna Phelan // July 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

    This is awesome - thanks so much for sharing. Your space is gorgeous. I love the dining room (even though it's never used haha). The brick wall is great. Thanks for sharing :)

  14. Jules // July 7, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

    I officially want to live in your place instead of mine. Pretty please? Is it always that tidy?!

  15. steph anne // July 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

    Your place is beautiful & I love how simple it is but yet so inviting and colorful in the right places. :)

  16. Janaye // July 7, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

    OMG. Please come do my house.... o.o I find it hilarious that I can do graphic design but am lacking in interior design XD hah!

  17. Brandi // July 7, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

    Looks totally gorgeous. and yes Ikea is awesome. I have the same little wooden model guy standing on top of the Ikea bookshelf beside my desk :P

  18. Zak // July 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

    Looks super you two! Love my big kitchen mixer. :)

  19. Nicole-Lynn // July 8, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

    Everything turned out great!

  20. Lisette Price Photography // July 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

    Can I just say I love your place! It's so gorgeous, open, and relaxing looking...if that makes sense! :) Oh and we collect our wine corks in a glass vase too!

  21. Anonymous // July 11, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

    havent been connected for the last week... and YOUR BLOG was the first stop. love the new apartment. the bathrooms are GORGEOUS! - alli

  22. Jamie Burnett // July 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

    Hey... Did I miss the room where all the magic happens?? LOL! :)