Katie & Michael: Destination Wedding at Disney's Sea Breeze Point

Posted by Studio222 Photography | 2:22 PM | , | 10 comments » | Share on Facebook

SeaBreaze Point | Disney Boardwalk | Florida

From Chicago to Orlando they came. With purple and pink flower petals. With a quick hello from Donald and Daisy Duck. A violinist was playing songs from my childhood on repeat and I found myself humming, "A whole new world..." as I heard the shutter clicks and I realized how much I wanted to watch the movie, Aladdin. Too bad I only have it on VHS. We don't have a VHS player. (Do they still make VHS players?)

Seriously though, when I think of my childhood, I think of Disney movies. I had (have) them memorized. Prince Charming (Or Prince Eric, he was my favorite) and a doe-eyed girl. A damsel in distress or a strong-willed princess (Work it Jasmine!) Disney was a big part of my formative years. So it's fun, now, to see it come full circle. From imaginary childhood worlds, to this romantic and magical day when two new friends become one and we get to capture it for the ages. One day, their grandchildren will look through these images. They will laugh at how old the fashions look and will say "Grandma, you were hot!" and they'll giggle. A little girl will swoon and say "Grandpa, it's soooo romantic!" And then maybe they'll ask to watch Cinderella, because Disney is now on their brains. And a new generation of dreamers and lovers of love will begin to grow.






















Donald cracks me up in this one...












Mouse shoes by Marc Jacobs









Ceremony: SeaBreaze Point, Disney Boardwalk
Coordinator: Amy Riendeau with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings
Reception: Bluezoo Restaurant
Gown: Jasmin Bridal, House of Brides, Chicago
Hair & Makeup: Patricia LeJeune

10 comments

  1. Katie // July 20, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

    Great Walt quote :*) Very touching summary Becka, I love it.

    Also a shout out to Patricia LeJeune for the hair and makeup! http://www.lejeune-pca.com/

  2. Brandi // July 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

    Would it be wrong to say these are.... magical?! I love them! The sand ceremony shots are some of my faves.

  3. Rachael Earl // July 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

    How awesome! A Disney wedding is like a dream! Oh, and the close up unity sand shot is...dare I say it? INSAZING.

  4. Andy Schwartz // July 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

    Beautiful Work! I LOVE the sand shot! Your treatment on these images is so perfect!

  5. ohana photographers // July 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

    oh how we love disney weddings!! magical images!!!! love every single one!

  6. Zak // July 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

    Lovely! The first picture of Katie is fantasmical! Oh and I have a VHS player you can borrow. Just don't make me bust out the beta machine. ;)

  7. smittengreta // July 21, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

    awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! these are NICE!!!!!!! great job!

  8. Impressions by Nudrat Photography // July 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

    SOOOOOOOOO beautiful! I love how you captured the day. Awesome job!

  9. GrayPhotography - Zach & Jody // July 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

    Thanks for the congrats you left on our blog! :) ha ha those birdies are so cute!!! - JG

  10. Unknown // July 23, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

    Okay, I thought I wanted that one wedding I told you about, but I lied! THIS ONE IS PERFECT. PERFECT. PERFECT!!!!!! That white gazebo they got married under? That's the one my mom and I always said I would get married under. *sigh*